Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
thalor
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:01 pm   

Automapper oddity

I imported some maps and now one of them is huge. The map size is huge but the actual map isnt. I have to scroll the map to the lower right corner to see it. Can this be helped?
Davos
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:03 pm   

Sounds like your just zoomed out/in on the map, try zooming in then scrolling around and see if it gets bigger, also if you have a scroll bar on your mouse and you have the mapper window activated with your pointer over the mouse scrolling the wheel will zoom your map in/out

The Seaworthy
thalor
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:13 pm   

Yes when I zoom out it does indeed fit on the page, however it is very tiny. What I think it is , is (in painting terms) the canvas is large but the area im using is small. When the room squares are the correct size there is too much canvas. When I zoom out, the canvas shrinks, the rooms are still in the lower right hand corner, and the room blocks are extremely small. Its not the map itself that is wrong, its the "canvas" it is on that is way too large...Is there a way to tell the mapper to "center" the map on the "canvas"?
Davos
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:15 pm   

There is two opions to center under the view menu one to center on the selected room, the other to center on the current room, alternatly you can push Cntrl + Q or Cntrl + W

The Seaworthy
thalor
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:26 am   

Ok yes indeed that does center the map on the room I select....still doesnt fix the HUGE canvas I have to scroll across to get to the map to click on the room to center. :P
Thanks anyway :P heh
john_taylor_jr
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:16 am   

Maybe there are more rooms on a different lvl of the map?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: