Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Edwub
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:33 am   

Buttons

I'm going through all the help files on buttons to try to understand just what I can do before I dive in.

Until now, I have used aliases to switch classes of triggers, and such.
I am considering making numerous buttons, but I hate from a former set imported from someone else how the buttons just take up space.

Wanted to ask if it was posible to position buttons on something like my status window.
Then I can click to the status window, click on and off what I want buttonwise, and switch back to my full screen mudding window.
(Due to a small moniter, I try to conserve space).

Is this possible for v 6.16?

Edwub the Mage
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:38 pm   

You can't put buttons in the status window but you can create another window and use it only to put buttons. You can even resize it so you only see the buttons, and then you would effectively have a floating button bar.

Kjata
Edwub
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:13 pm   

By another window, do you mean seperatating a part of my mud screen for a window, or full screen window i can click to and back from?

I'm looking at the Position/Size tab of button editing, and am not making too much sense of it =(

Edwub the Mage
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:24 pm   

Create another window. You can use the #WIN command for this. This other window will initially be docked. You can undock it, resize it and position it where you want. The new window also has it's own settings. So, with the window selected, click on Buttons and create your buttons. These buttons will be part of the new window, not the main window. After creating the buttons, you can position it where you want and resize it so only the buttons are visible.

Two things to remember: 1) You need to make sure to save the settings of that window or you'll loose the buttons when you close zMUD 2) Commands sent to the MUD by the buttons in the new window will go to that window by default, use the windowName: syntax to send the commands to your main window.

Kjata
Edwub
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:42 pm   

You rock Kjata! I'm off to play and fiddle and have my own fun until 3 in the morning.

Thanks!!

Edwub the Mage
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: