Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
albo
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:07 am   

I need some help with Zmud

I want to write a bot that is capable of using not just walk commands(north, east, south, west), but with ride commands as well (ride north 10, ride south 5, etc..). The ultimate goal would be to ride large distances in between areas with several commands on the way (enter, press this, press that, activate this, activate that), then using lists of known mobs in the area to kill upon those paths. More simply walk, or ride, into a room count the number of wanted (as in mobs I want to kill) mobs in the room and start killing them one by one, deleting them from the list as they die. Go to a new room and do this all over again. A kink here is this covers quite a few areas with many different commands used to get there.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:27 am   

Writing a bot is probably the most complex thing most people will ever do with zMUD, so it's going to be tough going. You'll be hard-pressed to find someone on the forums who's both a) willing to devote a lot of their time to this project and also b) not morally against botting, because obviously it violates the TOS of most MUDs.

With that said, there're lots of threads hanging around on the topic - forum search is under the site menu at the top. Beyond that, we're going to need much more information on the specifics of your problem before we'll be able to help you.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:58 pm   

Also Fang failed to mention a 3rd qualifier... not only will the person need to fill his a and b, but also they will need to be of a high skill level with script writing.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:25 pm   

Correct. I keep it pretty simple, and use mostly aliases that take over inputing a lot of commands, I can do alot using little effort. What I have at the moment will not run solely automated, but will run smoothly with me paying attention and entering in the next step (next alias to do the next 50 or so commands). So, it gets the job done, its not a bot (because its not solely automated), and I did it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: