Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Humpton
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:27 am   

#ALARMs and Room Scripts

Hi there.

I hope this comes out clear enough.

I'm working on a script that helps me keep track of keys. Every room with a door that needs a specific key uses the Room Script to set off the #ALIAS which does all the magic.

As part of the magical #ALIAS it turns a class on and then sets an #ALARM to turn it off in 5 seconds.

I've discovered a quirk which maybe I just need to know a little more about some underlieing concepts to 'cure'.

If I walk into the room and / or through the room using keyboard input the #ALIAS fires and the #ALARM is set correctly.

However, if I walk through the room using a click on the map the #ALIAS fires, but the #ALARM is NOT set at all. But, if I walk to the room using a click on the map the #ALIAS and #ALARM do all as expected.

I've tested the #ALIAS firing with numerous #SHOWs and it ALWAYS does everything expected, except that one case of clicking to run through the room when it does everything except set the #ALARM.

Any thoughts?

___
Humpton lives like he types.... fast, and full of mistakes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: