3. Goto settings editor
4. New Trigger
5. Paste in 2 lines into the pattern >
Pattern Line 1
Pattern Line 2
6. Click save
7. Edit the pattern to anyting at all.
8. Save

You'll notice the pattern is back to the 2 line version, you can't edit it.

On a side note, when you're editing the name of a trigger (In the tree view) You can use backspace but not delete. Delete brings up the "do you want to delete this settings" box instead of deleteing to the right of the cursur.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:46 pm   

The pattern field is actually a "memo" component and can accept multiple lines (when pasting). Click on the pattern field, and then press the down-arrow key (or click the down-arrow button on the right side of the pattern box). This will open up a multiline window to edit the full pattern.

My guess is that in step 7 when you edited the pattern, you were editing a different line (like the end of the pattern) and when you clicked save in (8) it probably is showing the first line of the pattern which didn't get changed.

I wanted the settings editor to support multi-line patterns for some possible future functionality, and I think it's just causing some confusion because it only displays the first line in the pattern box until you press down-arrow.

On the Delete key issue, I'll take a look at that. Del is the shortcut for the Delete menu command and it sounds like windows is giving the menu shortcut priority even when in the tree edit field. I'll see if it's something I have any control over.
Namsar
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:09 am   

I did Step 7 both ways, as the memo window and as the single line, it still doesn't save ;)

Also that memo window is very frustrating sometimes with the actual single line pattern it shows being half in and half out of the box, because you can scroll it.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:03 am   

Yep, verified this. Sorry I didn't get this fix into 1.08. I should have it fixed in 1.09.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: