PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:15 am   

my tale of woe

ok... i had, and still have... a list of problem with cmud

first: i can't create new sessions... period

second: sometimes %1 works for me... sometimes it don't

third: i can't create new aliases

fourth: i can't create new triggers

why?!
when i can get cmud to work... its nice...
but i don't like creating things in zmud and porting them to cmud
its getting annoying
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:01 am   

I don't have my desktop setup currently, so I can't help you much with CMUD at the moment. But I can give you a very useful piece of advise:

Don't use beta software if you are not willing to put up with the possible bugs/annoyances.

Beta software has many bugs and inconveniences. By definition, beta software is not ready to be used by the average person on a daily basis. If these things really annoy you, and you get tired of having to recreate settings and other tasks, keep using zMUD. Once CMUD is stable, you'll know about it, and then you can use it on a daily basis.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:19 pm   

Also, you didn't mention what version of CMUD you are using...
RigNFool

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:51 am   

i am using cMUD version 1.05.. and have tried everything
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:26 pm   

Did you do a clean install when you setup 1.05? Did you carry over your packages from previous versions? If the answer to either question is yes, then try a clean install and recreate the packages from scratch. This will likely address your issues with creating aliases and triggers. If it doesn't can you detail the procedure you use to create either?

Can you post an example of where %1 doesn't work for you? As you may recall, the parser in CMUD is stricter and that may be causing a problem.

As for the session, if it still persists after a clean install then once again give a detailed process of what you do to create a session from the time CMUD launches.

Finally what OS are you running? Are you using anything like WindowBlinds? Do you have the latest drivers for your hardware. ( I know this last one seems odd, but there were some odd errors noted with zMUD when a user was running XP but had out of date drivers. Hope that helps.
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:30 pm   

And by "clean install" this means deleting your existing CMUD directory and installing it from scratch. Definitely sounds like something has gotten corrupted in your install. Even with the bugs in 1.05 that might cause problems with sessions, you should still be able to create aliases and triggers. If you still have trouble, you should post more detailed instructions on exactly how you are trying to create aliases that isn't working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: