Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Nurodma
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:10 am   

Access Violation

about once a day zmud will pop up with this window

error: access violations 0x2244770f (tried to write to 0x77f79bc3), program terminated

and it gets closed everytime, any clues what's wrong and how to fix it?
Nurodma
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:16 am   

Wow, I just love how helpful you people are. You couldn't even give me a "I don't know what the problem with your ZMud is."
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:40 pm   

I don't know what the problem with your zMUD is.
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:38 pm   

everyone gets this from time to time. to me it seems connected with messing with settings, but that is just me.

As for responses, sometimes you just won't get any. Someone just might not know what the problem may be and you probably wouldn't feel any better aobut reading 10 people say 'I don't know what the problem with your zMUD is." than you are seeing no responses.
CyricDT
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:51 pm   

Nurodma wrote:
Wow, I just love how helpful you people are. You couldn't even give me a "I don't know what the problem with your ZMud is."

lol, well, if someone WAS going to help you, I doubt they would after that. I suppose that all however many thousand members there are here should post I dont know to every topic thay we dont know about, eh?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:44 pm   

Well, let's see...you didn't tell us what version of zMUD you are using, and you didn't tell us what version of Windows you are using. And you didn't really explain what you were doing in zMUD when you get this error. Were you connecting to a MUD? Running a trigger? Closing a window? or what? Without more detailed information, it's impossible to help with such a generic problem.

Dumas, it isn't true that "everyone gets this from time to time". This is a rare problem and I certainly haven't heard about it before. An "Access Violation" is a very generic Windows error message. You might be getting the same error message, but this same error message is given for *many* different potential problems. So what causes the error for you might be completely different than what causes the error for someone else. Windows just doesn't report enough details to track down the problem just from the error message alone.

The most common cause of access violations like this in zMUD is corrupted settings files, or bad triggers running in the background. You can disable your triggers and then enable them one by one to try and find the one causing the problem.
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:54 pm   

heh, by everyone, I didn't mean it. Just said that because there have been lots of posts where, like you said, someone's settings got corrupted and it tends to throw errors like that for it.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:26 pm   

Well that ought to be enough responses to keep Nurodma happy. Feeling better now?
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:48 am   

sorry, it just kinda got me angry that out of the "thousands of members" here not even ONE could make a reply. even to tell me that i didn't give enough information.

anyway, running windows xp pro with zmud 7.21
patryn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:05 pm   

I suggest making use of an external tool like 'process explorer' from www.sysinternals.com to keep an eye on the zmud resources. This way when you get that error you might be able to identify some more symptoms in relation to zmud and your windows environment.

You should also do as Zugg suggested and check if you still get the error when your triggers are disabled. I have had similar errors in the past, but they were always due to messy scripting on my part. Usually due to a misplaced bracket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: