Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Namsar
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:22 am   

[1.02] Settings Saving Issues.

A few issues I seem to be having with settings with CMud, that I thought were fixed with 1.02 don't seem to be.

I started from a blank session list, created a new session saved and connected.
Turn off Status Bar (don't like it anyway)
Change default colour settings (like my default output grey not green)
Turn Spell checking off.
Quit the mud and exit Cmud.
Start it up again, click on my new session I made, and connect.

Whalla colour and statusbar are back to how they were before...

Infact the supposed CharacterName.mud file which my settings were to be saved in, doesn't even exist on the HD.

Are settings being saved ?

I've tried setting a custom file to save settings into CharacterName.pkg... still it doesn't work. I can't get the mud text colour settings, or the statusbar options to save...

Is there something I'm doing wrong ?

I've also tried to create a default package I can use with all my characters, with these settings in it. However If I try and set up a package like that, and have it listed as used by any of my other sessions.. Those sessions crash as soon as they receive any mud feedback (as soon as you connect).
Namsar
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:48 am   

Ok after doing some snooping into the pkg database (v2.1 SQLite) I noticed the problem.

The settings ARE saved... but they overflow 16777213 and are saved as negatives.

So the settings below...
ID = 115 ValInt = -16777208
ID = 116 ValInt = -16777203
ID = 130 ValInt = -16777202
ID = 132 ValInt = -16777203
ID = 138 ValInt = -16777211

Should really have been saved as..
ID = 115 ValInt = 5
ID = 116 ValInt = 10
ID = 130 ValInt = 11
ID = 132 ValInt = 10
ID = 138 ValInt = 2

After manually editing the saved pkg file... it works fine..

Hope this helps you track down the issues Zugg :P
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:25 am   

Impressive troubleshooting Namsar ;)
Namsar
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:32 am   

I'm not really sure it solves it properly... but.. it does turn off my status bar, and get the colours half right. Some other things it screws up... But I guess it's enough info for Zugg to work with :)

I'm never liked big negative numbers in save files... always makes me think things have overflowed something or other.
Pyron
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:06 pm   

As a followup to this post I notice something that happened to me a little bit differently than Namsar.

I was creating my spell aliases inside a completely new settings file after installing 1.02. Created a Sorcerer Package, with 3 classes for spells, off, def and misc. I created nothing but aliases inside these three classes, which all were functioning.

I then proceeded to the forum to search for the thread in which I remember reading about nested if statements and the new command to alleviate that. During that time, I idled out of my mud so I was disconnected. Autoreconnect and bam I have a login screen again. I reconnect and then proceed to attempt to cast my defensive spells using my aliases that I created inside the settings editor. No luck. Windows weren't closed, all that happened was my session reconnected. I never even closed the settings editor window during that time.

EDIT---------------
Actually, the settings were disabled for some reason, even though I had the check boxes for the classes turned on at connect... I'll look into it further, but they seem to be working now that I enabled them again.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:30 pm   

I have an issue with my tick timer not being restored over quit/restart. This was present in 1.01 too. Have sent a feedback on it but it sounds like it may be related.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:37 am   

Those color values are actually fine. They are Delphi TColor data types, which are allowed to be negative. I think they are the same as the Windows COLORREF datatype.

The values you were modifying are the ANSI Foreground and Background colors. The default color preference is actually an index into these ANSI colors. I think it is the default color pointer that is getting messed up, not the actual ANSI foreground and background colors.

In other words, I don't get any problem with the Foreground and Background colors, but I *do* see a problem with the color settings in the Color Theme preference window.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:43 am   

Btw, these problems were related to the same bug that was causing the command line to not expand. Basically, when an existing package was loaded, a variable wasn't getting initialized that tells the window that some preferences have been loaded. So it didn't think stuff like the fonts and colors (and other preferences, list the status bar) were loaded. This was a major bug and effected a lot more than just the command line expansion, which is why I'm trying to release a 1.03 version tonight.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:44 am   

This should be fixed in 1.03 now. Let me know.
Namsar
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:49 am   

I worked out after some more tinkering that I was actually modifying some colour values (tried changing the options in the default.pkg) But it was just curious how if I changed those values it started working.

I'll test things out with 1.03 and let you know how they go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: