Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum Goto page 1, 2  Next
perenico
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:43 pm   

command line

is there a way to have the command line show multiple lines like it used to in zmud ? or am I that dumb that I can't figure out how to have it show multiple lines ?

thanks
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Zmud : 7.21
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:08 pm   

As you type, the command line automatically expands. If you want to expand it "manually," you can use Shift-Enter, but it won't stay expanded after you hit Enter to send your commands or type a new command.
Deagan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:08 pm   

Has that been fixed in Cmud? From what I see it doesn't expand the window, but the text scrolls up.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:53 pm   

yeah i get the same reaction it has yet to expand in any way shape or form. i just kinda dealt with it and used notepad or the editor to check it before i send it.
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:08 pm   

My command line works with multiple lines for the most part. There are times when I'm able to screw it up and get the bottom few pixels of a line or not see all the lines I paste, but those times are few and unpredictable (so far).
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:30 pm   

do you have the smart command line off or on larkin because mine doesnt expand ever
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:49 pm   

Either way seems to work the same for me. I did have it on, but turning it off doesn't make it stop working.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:53 pm   

hmm weird.. ok ill have to play with that cause mine hasnt expanded no matter what. And lots of times if i paste something from a webpage it will crash
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:31 pm   

Yeah mine hasn't expanded ever either.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:06 pm   

Hmm, this is really a wierd one and I can't reproduce it. When I press Shift-Enter my command line expands just fine. I'd be interested in more information on this one.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:51 pm   

Maybe its to do with fonts? I have told my command line to use the 'Courier New', '12 point' font rather than the default. Neither shift-enter nor just typing a lot will not expand the input box.
parrotslave
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:26 am   

Mine wouldn't expand either. The text kind of scrolled up so I could see the second line and only half of the first.

And when I sent the command, the text for the next commands I typed appeared as if there were a blank line under it so I could only see the bottom half of what I was typing in the box.

I had to close the window and reopen the window so I could see what I was typing.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:27 am   

i also use courier. As for reproduction zugg. to see if its setting specific you could try using my settings file to check to see if its settings specific problems.

I know with the website i gave you for MMINFO if i copy and paste code i think with a <BR> or the Enter key space like doing SHIFT+DOWN (or using mouse) that covers a carraige return it seems to happen more often than when i just do 1 line.

I have sent you multiple versions of the 1/2 visibility bug. Where you can drag your mouse left and up and it recenters it.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:27 am   

parrotslave wrote:
Mine wouldn't expand either. The text kind of scrolled up so I could see the second line and only half of the first.

And when I sent the command, the text for the next commands I typed appeared as if there were a blank line under it so I could only see the bottom half of what I was typing in the box.

I had to close the window and reopen the window so I could see what I was typing.

I have this exact same issue. However, you don't have to close the window to get the command line back to where you can see the first line of text. Basically, I click and hold on the far right side of the command line as if I were going to select the text inside and then drag up. It'll highlight everything and bring the curser and all that back to the first line.

Secondly, It seems like sometimes there are pixels from a background window or a window overlay near the command line every once in a while as if the window wasn't refreshing properly.

I tried to uncheck the "wrap command line" feature, as I don't like the expanding command line and word wrap and all that jazz... With it turned off it still tries to word wrap but doesn't expand the command line. I also have the smart command line feature turned off as I don't know what it is.

Hope that's descriptive enough.

P
Jerran
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:40 pm   

I have the same issue with command line. After reading some of the previous posts I decided to play with it a bit. So I took a blank profile and did shift-enter. It worked fine with or without smart command line. So then I tried it with my main profile and it would not expand. The primary difference I can see between them is my primary has my custom buttons.
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:42 pm   

my problem with the command line is that i can not go back with <- or -> in this version :S with zmud 7.21 it works perfectly :S
betrayedslinky
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:18 pm   

Same problem here. Using 10 pt Arial font. I've also noticed if I press the up or down arrow it sometimes causes a bug/error/crash. I have found that in order to check your lines above with this problem, you just have to highlight that line and it'll bring it down to where it's readable, not sure how else to describe it.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:53 pm   

I was never able to reproduce these problems, so let me know if it still happens with 1.02. If so, then we are going to have to get into more details about exactly what video card, resolution, etc. Since the command line is using a 3rd party RichEdit control and does NOT use the Microsoft RichEdit library anymore, I can't really understand what would make it work differently on different computers. Might be a font issue, or might be a theme issue. But post here if you still have the problem with 1.02 and we'll talk about it more.
betrayedslinky
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:29 pm   

Yeah I just replicated the problem on mine. The command line still didn't enlarge automatically nor manually. When typing more than one line it still caused a bug when pressing the down arrow to look through the text after I had highlighted the first line to check it. The text wasn't actually highlighted, I had just highlighted it so that I could see it then clicked on a space like I was going to add a word. I sent in a bug report with a screenshot. I forgot to put in the specs you might need.
I'm an ATI x700 256 meg. I tested it in 1024x768, 1152x864, and 1280x1024
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:36 pm   

I haven't seen any feedback from you about this since I released 1.02. Did you use the Send Feedback option within CMUD? Also, I need to know what Font you had the command line set to and what Theme you were using.
betrayedslinky
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:39 pm   

I sent it in as a bug report and it was just a couple of min ago. I can send another one if you'd like. The font was 10pt Arial and 10pt Times New Roman. The theme is just the regular theme.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:42 pm   

Oh, OK, I just received something about the "Alignment" of text...was that from you? Hard to tell since your forum name is different from the name given in the feedback message. But it wasn't clear that "Alignment" was talking about this problem with the command line not expanding to show multiple lines.

But it still didn't show any screen shot, so make sure you click the checkbox above the screen shot in the Send Feedback screen to include the screenshot in the message. It is unchecked by default.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:44 pm   

Also, does it work if you use the default "Courier" font? Not "Courier New", just plain "Courier".
betrayedslinky
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:51 pm   

Heh, sorry about that. Didn't think of the name and missed the check box. I'll send in another bug report of the command line not expanding plus the down arrow crash. The alignment and the command line bug are different reports.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:00 am   

Yeah confirmed still not fixed in 1.02 ... sent screenshot with standard "courier 10pt" but normally I use courier new 12 pt.

Also command line 'down arrow' crash still happening (could these be related?).

Edit: hehe too slow, betrayed got in first :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: