Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
kingfish1
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:56 am   

portals

When I have two commands defined as the name of my portal the mapper has trouble following.

Example name would be:

hold portal;enter portal

it sends the commands fine but doesn't seem to track from the automapper. I think it has something to do with the extra prompt it is recieving from the mud.

If the portal name is just "enter portal" then the next thing the mapper sees is the room that the portal leads to followed by a prompt (which works great). But with two commands I get something like

you hold the portal
<PROMPT>
then the portal room
<PROMPT>

Could that extra prompt be what is screwing this thing up? Is it a setting or a trigger that I need to make it ignore this?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

-kf
kingfish1
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:52 pm   Use of portals

Maybe I should reword this. I have several portals in my inventory. How can I use those in my Slow walks with the mapper. The commands I have to run to use the portals are:

hold portal
enter

Thanks for your time.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:34 pm   

Define the portals for the mapper simply as "hold portal", then use a trigger that detects you holding the portal and preforms the "enter". This will work for slow mode, but not safe or fast mode. If you want to work with safe or fast mode then you will have to design an #ONINPUT trigger to properly adjust the commands.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:45 pm   

I'm not sure if I quite get what you mean, but I think you want to have zMud send mutliple commands (for a given room). Go to the mapper (in Edit Mode), and right-click to bring up the properties for the room. Go the exits tab and in the section that says: Other Command and enter the command you want there. For example
Code:
hold portal; enter

GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:28 am   

That would work for fixed exits, Tech, but it seems to me as though he wanted something for portal items that he can just toss down and use.
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:46 pm   

Vililante,

I am using #SL walk and that worked great.

Thanks for the tip.

Tech, just an fyi, I was looking for a way to set up portals, if you have two commands defined as a portal zmud will have trouble following your walk commands.

Thanks all for the responses

-kf
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: