Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Toihva
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:13 pm   

Status Windows and Child Windows

Ok, here is what I would like to do. Its best exemplified in the picture below.

In the comm field I'd like to have all my communications from channels and tells sent to it, and then in the Status field I'd like to have things such as target, targeting, parry on/off, parrying, gold, weapon etc. Anyone figure out how to get it working in CMud yet or point me in the right direction, any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:23 pm   

You should just need to create the window and put it where you want it and save the layout file .XLY then associate it with your SESSION PROPERTIES.

I have gotten some of them to save that way all be it sporatically
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:49 pm   

Ok, and what do I do to get it to display what I wish? Like basic trigger setup etc. Any certain command I should be looking at?
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:33 am   

if you mean to input the information yes you would do it through triggers. Although atm i havent had time to test how as of yet.

used to be to capture parries to your attack window
#TRIGGER {^I parried your attack.} {#CAP ATTACK}
However currently in cmud this provides a never ending looping problem since it copies the info and is parsed in the new window.

Hopefully someone else had more time to test this out or can give you a more definate answer
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:26 am   

There are a couple of work arounds until this gets fixed. You can simply turn off triggers for the child window, to stop it parsing the text at all, or you can make certain the text received by the child window doesn't match the trigger. I wouldn't recommend using #PSUB as CMUD stopped responding last time I tried, but switching to #WINDOW instead of #CAP should work.

To give an example, I'm currently using the following to capture IRE style channels (and give timestamps):
Code:
#trigger {^\([^)]*\):} {#window Channels %ansi( 12)~[%ansi( 8)%time( hh:mm:ss)%ansi( 12)~] %ansi( %linecol)%line} {} {regex}
Dagnimaer
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:16 pm   

So how would one associate the layout with the session?
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:21 pm   

in your session properties there is a spot to determine which layout is the default for that session.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:06 pm   

I did that and it didn't save. Is it supposed to be saved in a particular place?
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:42 am   

hmm i just typed the name in and clicked save changes and checkmarked use layout and it worked fine :/
Toihva
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:00 pm   

asira wrote:
There are a couple of work arounds until this gets fixed. You can simply turn off triggers for the child window, to stop it parsing the text at all, or you can make certain the text received by the child window doesn't match the trigger. I wouldn't recommend using #PSUB as CMUD stopped responding last time I tried, but switching to #WINDOW instead of #CAP should work.

To give an example, I'm currently using the following to capture IRE style channels (and give timestamps):
Code:
#trigger {^\([^)]*\):} {#window Channels %ansi( 12)~[%ansi( 8)%time( hh:mm:ss)%ansi( 12)~] %ansi( %linecol)%line} {} {regex}

Ok, tried that and it doesn't work (probably because regular expressions don't work. But if thats the case it still doesn't capture even when in regular trigger syntax.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:39 pm   

triggers only seem to work when first created if you close cmud and restart they dont seem to work properly. I posted a way to get around that until zugg fixes the problem by using a fixit type alias that recreates everything on connect. Its not ideal but it works.
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:44 pm   

they didn't even fire when I first created them
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: