Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
avidal
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:35 am   

Multi-line commands causes a crash

I tried submitting the bug reports with attached screenshots, but it kept telling me it failed. I was able to reproduce the bug at will:

Type any command into the command bar for your MUD window, until it becomes two lines long.

First thing you'll notice is that it throws off the location of the bottom of the text in the bar until you restart the app, you end up with your text starting like 5 pixels below the top of the bar.

Second, if you have a multi-line command in the bar and hit the DOWN key to save the command in history (like in zMUD) without executing it, cMUD won't crash, but you will get an error:

exception class: EStringListError
exception message: List index out of bounds (1).

I can recreate this every single time, so it's not an isolated thing. I was finally able to submit a bug report, but only if I opted to not send a screenshot.
avidal
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:40 am   

Note: The UP key to scroll back in history works just fine, you just can't use DOWN when your command is multi-line.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:57 am   

Code:

First thing you'll notice is that it throws off the location of the bottom of the text in the bar until you restart the app, you end up with your text starting like 5 pixels below the top of the bar.

I ran into this as well if you left click IN THE COMMAND WINDOW and drag all the way left it recenters itself. I have been doing this most of the day so i can see what im doing :P
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:06 am   

Verified a friend of mine had it happening as well.

edb: What do you mean left click in the command window and drag to the left? That didn't do anything for me. Do you mean in the input box where you type the commands, or any whitespace around it?

Edit: Ah, got it.

Thanks.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:08 am   

no problem lol it drove me nuts for a while before i figured it out trying to clear my line.
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:04 am   

Woot, yeah I was going batty on that too - STICKY! :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: