Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:39 pm   

Missing Feature I would love to have back

When you create a trigger in zmud you can test if it matches by pasting the mud output into the trigger test section.

I know its not for right now but consider putting that back as you do your updates over the course of the beta period. I use that feature quite a bit to double check things.
Rivalyn
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:42 pm   

I'm pretty sure this is in known issues.
bortaS
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:47 pm   

Yes, this is part of the trigger wizard. It is not part of this version.
Daganev
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:01 pm   

Something else I would like to see, that was in the old one but not this one:

You use to be able to click on a class folder and see all the "behind the scenes" code on how the triggers and aliases were made (so you could copy and paste it into the command line if you wanted) I really liked that feature and would like to know how to do that.

Also, allowing buttons on multiple pannels around the window.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:04 pm   

yeah the class scripts me as well.

Its not that i dont realize hes not doign it yet.. its to let him know i really liked that feature :)
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:29 pm   

cMUD isn't in the 'feature request' stage at the moment...isn't there a wishlist thread where you can put features you'd like to ensure are there, that aren't covered in the threads where he talks about what he will implement?
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:38 pm   

you mean the mile long wishlist thread.

Zugg mentioned he has a way to add forum posts into a tracking system to track bugs / feature requests. Instead of compiling them all into one thread i figured it would be nice for him to know i love that feature and to make a post he could address individually not a post to be filled with its not time yet.

CMUD isnt in any stage except for beta but if no one posts anything because its not in that stage yet these forums will be empty.

Bug reports should be submitted via the bug reporting feature of cmud zugg worked so hard on but you dont see me posting in every bug report that it should be done.

As i said its to let HIM know and offer others a change to say yes i like it no i dont heres why. That way as zugg is prioritizing what he will do after his vacation he can look at what people are missing the most and try to add things with some sense of priority.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:44 pm   

The "class scripts" behind the scenes is there, but it's probably *so* different that you don't recognize it. Click on a class folder and export it to an XML file. Open the XML file in an editor. There's your class. You can edit this XML code and copy/paste it back into the settings editor.

The difference is the text format of zMUD vs the XML format of CMUD. There is no way to express all of the new options types and features that are planned in a simple text format like zMUD used.

zMUD uses a text format that was the same as typing stuff on the command line. This was easy to understand, but full of problems. Other people could probably add a long list of problems with the text import/export features of zMUD and the problems and bugs with class scripts. It just wasn't an extensible system.

When considering this for CMUD, I wanted to use an extensible system. And the best text-based system that I found was XML. So in CMUD, if you want to work with text scripts, you will need to get used to the new XML format. The old zMUD text format isn't going to be added...ever.

The only downside is that instead of pasting the text into the command line, you must paste it into the settings editor. But this isn't so bad...half of the scripts in zMUD couldn't be pasted into the command line either.

As people have already mentioned, the trigger tester is coming and will be greatly expanded into a real trigger debugger.

For the button stuff, explore the new toolbar customization. Click the drop-down arrow at the right side of a toolbar and select Customize. You will find a category of commands that contain all of your existing #BUTTON, #STATUS, and #MENU commands. You can drag these to any toolbar. You can click the New button to create a new toolbar, and then drag that toolbar wherever you want.

Yes, the "old" method of having 4 button panels will still be added. It's still there in the code but just doesn't yet have a user interface. And I'll me adding more "dock" locations for toolbars, such as vertical toolbars. All of that is coming.

At this point I wouldn't be too concerned about making a "wish list". There is still *lots* to be added. The "Future of CMUD" sticky topic and the "Whats missing from CMUD" talks about most of these, so make sure your "wish" isn't already on this list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: