Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Tlanuwa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:19 pm   

Importing from zMUD and editing scripts...

I feel like an idiot, but there ya go.

I'm trying to import my scripts, but the only import option I see in CMUD is for XML, and all I see in zMUD is the proprietary settings format and straight text.

If I could find a script editor, I could do it that way, obviously, but, well, I can't....

Help!

Abashedly,
Tlanuwa
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:30 pm   

I found the same thing. The only way I can find to load the old zMUD stuff is to do it via a .mud file, and I find that less than desirable. Not everything converts over nicely and/or works properly. I thought from the pre-beta posts that there would still be a translator module allowing us to import old scripts.
Tlanuwa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:39 pm   

Yep. Tried opening the .mud and it loaded everything, but nothing worked. Any multiline script got broken to poop -- tried to send the entire alias to the MUD. Ah well, this is what beta's are for! The other thing I noticed was a very immediate (thought it MIGHT be unrelated), very ridiculous slow down in everything, from menu operation to MUD output time. Finally just shut 'er down and decided I'd pay attention to my professor for a bit.

And by the way, I'll be ordering your Serpent scripts very, very soon. Heh.
-T
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:41 pm   

just export them and then paste them into the command line i did this script by script
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:47 pm   

Gives me a "syntax error" alert and puts the cursor on a line with an #ECHO message in the message box. Other scripts and commands cause it to crash completely.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:58 pm   

If your *.MUD file is assigned to a character session icon, then it gets imported and converted to a new *.pkg automatically. But there seems to be issues when it is first loaded, so restart CMUD and let it load the *.pkg version and then it seems to work better.

You cannot import ascii text settings from zMUD...only the .MUD format. However, in most cases you can just paste the ascii text version into the command line and execute it, or paste it into a new alias and execute the alias.

To import some other .MUD file, open the Settings editor and then select File/Open. You can open both PKG and MUD files in this way. The .MUD file will get saved as a PKG file, so again, restarting CMUD and then loading the PKG file should help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: