Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:13 am   

extracting from string

I am trying to populate an array with a list of posible attack targets.

Currently i am using something like this.

#VAR testline {%line}
killtest=%replace( @testline, ", ", "|")
killtest=%replace( @killtest, " and ", "|")
killtest=%replace( @killtest, " is standing here.", "")
killtest=%replace( @killtest, "s are standing here.", "")
killtest=%replace( @killtest, " are standing here.", "")
ect
ect
ect
stufftokillhere=""
#FORALL @killtest {#VAR stufftokillhere {%additem( %word( %i, %numwords( %i)), @stufftokillhere)}}
#ECHO {@stufftokillhere}

Now this seems like alot of overhead to do what i want.

Is there a way to parse %line for all instances of members of an array @stufftokill and populate @stufftokillhere without so many recursive %replace commands?
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:04 am   

I would also like to know if there is a more efficient method of doing this as I have a similar setup. One suggestion I can make is that you can nest %replace() functions such as:

killtest=%replace(%replace(%replace(%replace(%replace( @testline, ", ", "|") ," and ", "|") ," is standing here.", ""), "s are standing here.", "") ," are standing here.", "")
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:01 pm   

You could experiment with %subregex and combine your patterns together. You'd use two calls to %subregex to accomplish the above: one for replacing commas and 'and' with |, and one for replacing other extraneous text with an empty string.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:10 pm   Counting odd things

Quote:
Three horses, a yellow chicken, two dogs and a cat are here.

I want a means to reliably count the number of mobs on a line similar to the above one and store it in a variable.

totalmobs=7
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:15 pm   

This code is specific to discworld Mud, and no I won't be providing support for it if you cannot get it to work.
Code:
#CLASS {Misc|RoomContents|InitialContents} {enable}
#ALIAS InitialRoomContentsAlias {#PRIORITY {#VARIABLE RoomContentsList {}}
 #PRIORITY {#VARIABLE ContentsNumberReplace {}}
 #PRIORITY {#VARIABLE ParsedPluralRoomContents {}}
 #PRIORITY {#VARIABLE PlayersInRoom {0}}
 #PRIORITY {#IF (%pos( "wisps", @RawRoomContents)) {:1:#SAY %ansi( bold, red)Talker mistrigger!
   #VARIABLE RawRoomContents {}} {#NOOP}}
 #PRIORITY {#VARIABLE RawRoomContents {%push( "control", @RawRoomContents)}}
 #PRIORITY {#VARIABLE RawRoomContents {%additem( "control", @RawRoomContents)}}
 #PRIORITY {#FORALL @EndingsOfRoomLiving {#VARIABLE RawRoomContents {%replace( %lower( @RawRoomContents), %lower( %i), "")}}}
 #PRIORITY {#VARIABLE ParsedRoomContents {%replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( @RawRoomContents, ", ", "|"), " and ", "|"), " (hiding)", ""), " who ", "|"), "k|h", "k and h"), "y|w", "y and w"), "|a ", "|the "), "|an ", "|the "), " is ", ""), " are ", ""), "  ", " lounging "), "k|w", "k and w")}}
 #PRIORITY {#FORALL @InvisibleLiving {#DELITEM ParsedRoomContents {%lower( %i)}}}
 #PRIORITY {#VARIABLE SingularRoomContents { %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( @ParsedRoomContents, "s|", "|"), "rie|", "ry|"), "lve|", "lf|"), "sse|", "ss|"), "die|", "dy|"), "dren|", "d|"), "es|", "ess|"), "ni|", "nis|"), "go|", "gos|"), "las|", "lass|"), "dut|", "duts|")}}
 #PRIORITY {#DELITEM SingularRoomContents control}
 #PRIORITY {#FORALL @SingularRoomContents {#VARIABLE TempRoomContents {%i}
   #IF (%word( @TempRoomContents, 1, " ")!="the" and %ismember( %word( @TempRoomContents, 1, " "), @ContentsCounter)) {#VARIABLE ContentsNumberReplace %additem( %word( @TempRoomContents, 1, " "), @ContentsNumberReplace)} {}
   #IF (%ismember( %word( @TempRoomContents, 1, " "), @ContentsCounter)) {#LOOP %ismember( %word( @TempRoomContents, 1, " "), @ContentsCounter) {#VARIABLE RoomContentsList %additem( @TempRoomContents, @RoomContentsList)}} {#ADDITEM RoomContentsList {@TempRoomContents}}}}
 #PRIORITY {#VARIABLE RoomContentsList {%push( "control", @RoomContentsList)}}
 #PRIORITY {#FORALL @ContentsNumberReplace {#VARIABLE RoomContentsList {%replace( @RoomContentsList, |%i, "|the")}}}
 #PRIORITY {#DELITEM RoomContentsList control}
 #PRIORITY {#FORALL @ContentsNumberReplace {#VARIABLE ParsedPluralRoomContents {%replace( @ParsedRoomContents, |%i, "|one of the")}}}
 #PRIORITY {#FORALL @RoomContentsList {#ADDITEM ParsedPluralRoomContents {%i}}}
 #PRIORITY {#DELITEM ParsedPluralRoomContents control}
 #PRIORITY {#VARIABLE PluralRoomContents {@ParsedPluralRoomContents}}
 #PRIORITY {#IF (%ismember( 1, @RoomContentsList)) {:1:#SAY Debug on ~@RoomContentsList activated, RoomContentsList is @RoomContentsList
   #DELITEM RoomContentsList 1}}
 #PRIORITY {#FORALL {@RoomContentsList} {#IF (%ismember( %word( %i, 1, " "), %lower( @OnlinePlayers))!=0) {#ADD PlayersInRoom 1}}}
 #PRIORITY {:Commands:#SAY %time( hh:mm:ss:zzz) %ansi( bold, red)Contents processed}}
#VARIABLE InitContentsTrigger {0}
#TRIGGER { {@EndingsOfRoomLiving}.$} {#IF (@InitContentsTrigger) {RewriteInitialContentsTriggers}
 #ADD InitContentsTrigger 1}
#CONDITION {\b(?:@OnlinePlayers)\b} {#CW blueviolet,black} {reparse|regex}
#CONDITION {\b(?:@CreList)\b} {#CW red,black} {reparse|regex}
#REGEX {^(?RawRoomContents:.+) (?:is|are) (?:@EndingsOfRoomLiving)\.$} {#PRIORITY {#VARIABLE InitContentsTrigger {0}}
 #PRIORITY {:Commands:#SAY %time( hh:mm:ss:zzz) %ansi( bold, red)Contents detected.}
 #PRIORITY {#COLOR 11}
 #PRIORITY {InitialRoomContentsAlias}}
#CLASS 0
#CLASS {Misc|RoomContents|InitialContents|InitialContentsVariables}
#VARIABLE EndingsOfRoomLiving {seated in a luxurious armchair|sitting on a hard wooden stool|scuttling around|standing here|skulking in the shadows|busy getting dirty|buzzing around|trying to avoid touching the ground|sprawled lazily on the ground|sitting here|slithering about|on guard|sitting at the wobbly table| the giant fruitbat flying|dozing under a bush|lying sprawled on his side|lying sprawled on her side|sniffing at a tree trunk|lying here|rooted to the ground here|crouching here|perched on a branch|lying half-concealed in the bushes|sniffing into the undergrowth|nosing through the leaf litter|standing around|looking a bit lost|squatting on the ground|rootling about the ground|hovering several feet up|lurking in the brush|not doing very much at all|looking bored|staring into space|flittering about|zipping about|looking for something to eat|fiddling with a piece of armour|perched on the street lamp|loitering|hovering|wearing a sandwich board|swatting away dust|curled up into a ball|prowling|lounging|keeping an eye out|lying on his side|stretched out on the ground|dozing in the grass|flopped on the ground|lying on her side|sitting very straight|draped on the ground|grazing|spread out on the ground|towering modestly|lying in the dust|towering significantly|floating here|darting about|clinging to a precarious twig|flying a bit above the ground|perched nearby|looking hungry|hopping along the ground|perching on a tree branch|wasting time|hanging overhead|looking for insects|hanging upside down|looking for gossip|trying to look busy|preening|ambling about|darting around|admiring her curls|looking wise|complaining|telling tall tales|picking crumbs on the floor|sprawled near the fire|standing beside the fire|fiddling with a piece of armour|lounging amiably on the wobbly table|hopping around|pecking at the ground|floating in the air here|flying above the ground here|sitting on some flat rocks|flying|flapping sadly close to the ground here|wearing a sandwich board|basking in the sun|lying on the bar|purring softly|looking for insects|running around|chewing cud|scurrying about|doing nothing|wasting time|preening|looking philosophical|telling bad goat jokes|looking for gossip|scuttling about|looking to swap news|lurking about|pecking at something|lazing about doing nothing|sitting at the bar|kneeling submissively|lying on the wobbly table|standing on the remains of a table|meditating here|sitting on the wobbly table}
#VARIABLE ContentsNumberReplace {four|three|two}
#VARIABLE RawRoomContents {control|four orange canaries are , three pink elephants are and two fluffy pineapples|control}
#VARIABLE ParsedRoomContents {control|four orange canaries|three pink elephants|two fluffy pineapples|control}
#VARIABLE SingularRoomContents {four orange canary|three pink elephant|two fluffy pineapple}
#VARIABLE TempRoomContents {two fluffy pineapple}
#VARIABLE ParsedPluralRoomContents {four orange canaries|three pink elephants|one of the fluffy pineapples|the orange canary|the pink elephant|the fluffy pineapple}
#VARIABLE ContentsCounter {the|two|three|four|five|six|seven|eight|nine|ten|eleven|twelve|thirteen}
#CLASS 0

To get a count from the above code add the following to the end of the InitialRoomContentsAlias:
Code:
#VARIABLE MobCount {%numitems(@RoomContentsList)}
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:04 pm   

That works great, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: