Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Draconar
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:07 am   

Switching Screens (No more CTRL-Tab?)

I was once able to switch between MUD windows with CTRL & Tab, but now it simply creates a tabbed indentation in the command entry field. Did Zugg move this to another set of keys?
Draconar
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:49 pm   

I guess the real question, is there another way to quick-switch between MUD windows without a mouse?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:04 am   

Make sure you are pressing only control and tab. Control-Shift-Tab is what adds the tab to the command-line, and Shift-Tab seems to insert the next word in the scrollback buffer into the command-line. Not real sure how useful that would ever be, so I'm thinking that perhaps that's some sort of super-obscure bug or something.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:09 pm   

Also try Ctrl-N. Ctrl-Tab is a Windows function to switch between child windows of an application, while Ctrl-N is something I put into zMUD to specifically switch between MUD windows.
Draconar
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:12 am   

Still no luck. CTRL-TAB still only includes the spacial tab in the command line and CTRL-N works oddly. I use tabbed windows, if that matters. It's effect thus far has been to take me from window to another (MUD windows, that is), but it won't cycle back. It works only once, so to speak.

Also, Zugg, I want to mention that it's an honor to have a discourse with you. I've been using zMUD in some form or another for nearly ten years now. Thanks for all your hard work.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:41 pm   

Do you perhaps have a sticky shift key? Or perhaps your fingers are of an unusually large size (or perhaps you're using a smaller sized keyboard, like what you usually see in laptops) and thus when you think you are only using CTRL-TAB you are actually managing to slip a SHIFT in there as well?

If you've ever had zmud crash or throw up a access error of some sort, you could always try reinstallation. Sometimes (nowadays, rarely) the inner workings of ZMud itself will get tweaked by the error and there's really no way to tell what happened until you start noticing odd behavior. Sometimes even the function/command code is affected and such things will start doing things that are very slightly on the wrong side of "they aren't supposed to be doing this".
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:22 pm   

It's definetly not a wrong key press issue.

I'll try the reinstallation sometime. Luckily I do more administrative MUD work than playing, so I don't really require the quick switches, despite how helpful they are. Perhaps this is grounds for a free cMUD upgrade? *winkwinknudgenudge*
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: