Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
kent
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:39 am   

program crashes using this trigger

Hello i am having a crashing problem when i got against a Mob the have both items on it body. any ideals what the problem is

You receive 0 experience points.
A dark dwarven mage collapses lifeless to the ground.
You take 442 gold coins.
You take a maleficarum root from the corpse of a dark dwarven mage.
You take a black tourmaline from the corpse of a dark dwarven mage.
The Powers give you one gold coin for your sacrifice of the corpse of a dark dwarven mage.
A dark dwarven mage stops following a cave fisher.

This is the class, trigger routine that is causing the problem

#CLASS {RootsNTourms}
#VAR container2 {gnomish |2.gnomish |3.gnomish |rune |2.rune}
#TRIGGER {^(%d) A gnarled and blackened root is on the ground.} {#var rootsgathered {%1+1}}
#TRIGGER {^(%d) A fist-sized, shiny black stone has been uncovered here.} {#var TourmsGathered {%1+1}}
#TRIGGER {^You take (%d) a black tourmaline from the corpse} {#var TourmsGathered {%1+1}}
#TRIGGER {^You take (%d) a maleficarum root from the corpse} {#var rootsgathered {%1+1}}
#TRIGGER {^The master of clans tells you 'Thank you for the (*) gem} {#var rootsgathered {@rootsgathered-%1}}
#TRIGGER {^A maleficarum root crackles and burns!} {#var rootsgathered {@rootsgathered - 1}}
#TRIGGER {You take a maleficarum root from the corpse of *} {#var RootsGathered {%1+1}}
#TRIGGER {^You aren't carrying anything that will fit into {a|an} (*).} {
#VAR @Container2 %delitem( @container2)
open @container2, 1
put all.root @container2, 1
put all.tourm @container2, 1
close @container2, 1
}
#CLASS 0

I tried it with #WAIT x amount of time between roots & tourm
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:54 pm   

you do have a few problems here but nothing crashable. Your triggers arent right though and you are putting roots into anything yet so i assume you started here and are going to add to it. As it stands right now you must be doing it manually.

heres the changes i would make to begin with or just contact me in game via tamlin

Code:

#TRIGGER {^You take (%d) a black tourmaline from the corpse} {#var TourmsGathered {%1+1}}
#TRIGGER {^You take (%d) a maleficarum root from the corpse} {#var rootsgathered {%1+1}}
#TRIGGER {You take a maleficarum root from the corpse of *} {#var RootsGathered {%1+1}}

i dont remember the exact pattern
You take a maleficarum root from the corpse of a dark dwarven mage.
You take a black tourmaline from the corpse of a dark dwarven mage.
You take 5 of a maleficarum root from the corpse of a dark dwarven mage.
You take 5 of a black tourmaline from the corpse of a dark dwarven mage.

These triggers are off. the first two shouldnt even match i am just typing this one in like i did the last one. It should work fine though.
Also you arent adding to what you should be. if the triggers dont fire off here as expected try removing the .$ i use this a lot to prevent people from doing Drenor tells you 'You take 5 of a black tourmaline from the corpse of Drenor. #CR{Drop all} or whatever. Basically it means end the line here if theres more after it ignore it. I had one for a while that i didnt do this too that would drop my bags if the right context was used. It was a really rare set of code but i found that anchoring the beginning and the end to be far more secure.
Code:

#TRIGGER {^You take (%d) of a black tourmaline from the corpse of *.$} {#var TourmsGathered {@TourmsGathered +%1}}
#TRIGGER {^You take (%d) of a maleficarum root from the corpse of *.$} {#var RootsGathered {@RootsGathered + %1}}
#TRIGGER {^You take a maleficarum root from the corpse of *.$} {#var RootsGathered {@RootsGathered + 1}}
#TRIGGER {^You take a black tourmaline from the corpse of *.$} {#var TourmsGathered {@TourmsGathered+1}}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: