Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:43 am   

FireFox-esque Tabs

One thing that I've fallen in love with due to firefox is the autoscroll mouse-wheel click closes tabs. I've gotten so in the habit of doing it that I try to close application tabs using the same button. It would be nice to define such a thing in the new CMUD as well in order to close other mud tabs or an editor tab.
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:27 pm   

Yep, now that I'm using Firefox all the time too I'm getting the same ideas :)

In the first release of CMUD you'll still get the standard tabs. But improving the tabbed and docking interface is early on the list for the beta period improvements. Firefox is a great inspiration!
Hamstro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:56 pm   

Another thing I'd like to see (sort of tab related) is the ability to choose whether or not a tab (or window) should be reachable by using CTRL-TAB. As ZMud is now I often have to CTRL-TAB through 6-7 windows before reaching the one I actually wanted to see even though I only have two windows that I actually want to be able to CTRL-TAB to.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:26 pm   

Have you tried using Ctrl-N instead of Ctrl-Tab? As a standard Windows function, Ctrl-Tab will always cycle between *all* of the windows...that's it's function and changing this would make CMUD a non-standard Windows application.

But there has always been the Ctrl-N (Next) key which only cycles between the main MUD windows and not any of windows like the settings editor or mapper. And certainly I can see adding an option to make a window skip the Ctrl-N cycle.
Hamstro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:10 pm   

Neat, I never realized that. An option for skipping the Ctrl-N cycle would still be a nice feature for me at least since I have windows (like communications windows and status windows) that are main MUD windows but should never get focus. Letting Ctrl-N skip promptless windows entirely would be enough for me, but an option provides much more flexibility.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: