Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:23 pm   

eMobius forums gone?

Hmm...is this a sign that we won't be seeing this product...ever?
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:30 pm   

I believe so Sad
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:58 pm   

Thats very dissapointing. I pre-paid for a product that no longer exists.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:09 pm   

If you did prepay for eMobius then I am sure that if you contact Zugg Software they will be more than willing to refund your eMobius prepayment.
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:53 pm   

Not really the point, I was really excited about eMobius, there were a lot of good ideas, with lots of customizeability (is that a word?)

:\
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:04 pm   

Yeah, I think there's a few of us who prepaid for eMobius (though it doesn't show in the order history on the new store site).

When we pre-ordered, we got a zApp Pro rego (it was still called zeus at that stage) as a pre-order bonus, though personally I never planned to use zApp... I've got Visual Studio and the C++ version of Delphi for my development needs.

So, although it's no eMobius we did get $60 worth of zApp + zApp Pro for $25, which is something at least.

And yeah, I was excited about eMobius too - but these things happen, products don't fly... we could have invested $100,000 in some startup company and lost it all as happens every day in the real world. At least we've got something to show for it...

*cough* plus a zmud tshirt? *cough* *halo*
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:27 am   

Yes, I've already told everyone in my New Year's letter that I'm refocusing on the MUD market again. To that end I wanted to remove distractions from this site, such as the eMobius forum. I want new CMUD customers to be more assured that I'm maintaining the focus on CMUD. Someday I might return to the eMobius product, but as other competing products such as Thunderbird have gotten better, there is less and less need for eMobius.

I have always been up-front with the issue of pre-orders. Everyone who pre-ordered should have known what they were potentially getting into. Most people who pre-ordered eMobius and then Zeus and zApp did so to support Zugg Software in whatever I was doing. If someone feels like they need a refund, then they are free to contact me via email. There are only a handful of people who pre-ordered eMobius, so it's not like this effects very many people.

But as I've said, nobody should be surprised by any of this. We already talked about this when I released my New Year's letter a few months ago. And I've also already had private discussions with some of you about this. There is no way I can work on more than one product at a time and CMUD and the follow on SSL support, new mapper, and other features will keep me very busy for a long time.

And yes, the "3rd party zApp forum" was removed for the same reason. There were no posts there, and there are not any 3rd parties developing anything with zApp that needed to be discussed. Any 3rd party zApp discussion can take place in the main zApp area.

Btw, the eMobius forum wasn't deleted...just hidden from normal users. So the posts are still there in case I need them in the future.
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:18 am   

Just another nail in the coffin I guess. I personally don't like Thunderbird (poor migration from my huge outlook file/accounts). I'm sure when zApp comes into fruition, I'll play around with it, and for 25$ I do support Zuggs work, if for no other reason than I've used his products forever. I am just dissapointed
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:23 pm   

Zugg wrote:
And yes, the "3rd party zApp forum" was removed for the same reason. There were no posts there, and there are not any 3rd parties developing anything with zApp that needed to be discussed. Any 3rd party zApp discussion can take place in the main zApp area.

I had started using zApp for some third Party apps but decided not to. The problem is that if I come across any bugs I don't think its fair to you or me to require some bug fixing right away because I know you need to focus on CMUD. Although, I wouldn't anticipate needing extra functionality since I can always create my own ActiveX to fill the gaps (that is, provided I don't need a property exposed for one of the built-in controls).

The fact of the matter is, I support you as a business, and even if zApp development is never continued I will not be bitter, only dissappointed. Dissapointed because it really should have been successful and I have never seen a developer with so much dedication. You put an unbelievable amount of work and time into this product.

I still check back on these forums from time to time just to see how things sit.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:43 pm   

theNerd wrote:
Zugg wrote:

I had started using zApp for some third Party apps but decided not to. The problem is that if I come across any bugs I don't think its fair to you or me to require some bug fixing right away because I know you need to focus on CMUD. Although, I wouldn't anticipate needing extra functionality since I can always create my own ActiveX to fill the gaps (that is, provided I don't need a property exposed for one of the built-in controls).

The fact of the matter is, I support you as a business, and even if zApp development is never continued I will not be bitter, only dissappointed. Dissapointed because it really should have been successful and I have never seen a developer with so much dedication. You put an unbelievable amount of work and time into this product.

I still check back on these forums from time to time just to see how things sit.

I never looked too much into zApp, unfortunately. The main reason was that I found it more important to focus on C++ rather than a language not really following any official standard. It's for similar reasons I have never really looked much into Delphi. That I just recently too also had bought MSVC++ for around $100 added to this Shocked. It's possible others reasoned similarly.
Alyssandra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:22 am   

Rorso wrote:

I never looked too much into zApp, unfortunately. The main reason was that I found it more important to focus on C++ rather than a language not really following any official standard. It's for similar reasons I have never really looked much into Delphi. That I just recently too also had bought MSVC++ for around $100 added to this Shocked. It's possible others reasoned similarly.

Well the languages used in zApp are official standard languages, in fact any that the Microsoft Scripting engine supports, so python, perl, vb etc. Its only the ZXL which is "non-standard".

...as long as I'm not losing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: