Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
icedsun
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:42 am   

How to keep too-many-commands from being sent.

On the Realms of Despair, if you send a lot of commands to the MUD too close together, you get disconnected. My poker bot sometimes has to send a whole lot of commands (like, when 10 people are playing a tournament) at one time. Is there a way I can parse all my output and have it wait for 1 second before sending the rest of the commands to the MUD - every time more than 5 commands are sent simultaneously? Or am I going to have to write in WAIT commands all over the place?
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:43 am   

wouldn't alarms be better for ya? wait command screw triggers.
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:15 am   

Alarms would be fine if I was individually parsing everything on my own. With a trigger system this complicated and gigantic, it wouldn't be feasible to alarm every single command sent to the MUD - plus that would end up slowing things down when the alarm wouldn't be needed. I'm just wondering if there's any possible way to have the scripts/triggers/everything continue as normal, but anything outputted to the MUD be paused whenever more than 5 commands are sent simultaneously (either a few seconds, or until some input is received back from the MUD, etc.) I'm fully aware of how to make alarms that do my commands, and I know full well why the WAIT command is not something to use often. I hope someone comprehends what I'm trying to do... Basically like an "output parser" of some kind... that only slows output down whenever a lot of things are outputted simultaneously.
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:55 am   

I think someone already wrote it somewhere around here on the forum, it goes something like

#ONINPUT {^(*)$} {#ALARM +1 {#SEND %1}}

Have a search around and see what you can find.

<edit>
I did a search and post 23211 may help.
</edit>
<edit2>
Corrected above oninput trigger
</edit2>
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:46 am   

You are coming up with individual results, right? You simply need to convert the script either to mesh with your command-buffer script (if you have one) or build one into the pokerbot.
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:24 am   

Thank you everybody.... I think I can construct the proper command parser now. Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: