Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mo24
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:30 pm   

Make mapper follow through maze

Hi, I have a small problem with the mapper. My mud has some mazes that change randomly. The rooms in the maze have the same names.

Since it changes I cannot map it, which is ok. I don't really need to map it. I just want my position to update on mapper whenever I reach the maze exit automatically.

For instance. One maze has maybe... 8 rooms that change places. The rooms are named 'In a misty swamp'. The exit room for the maze is named 'Before the Castle Gates'. When I enter the room, Before the Castle gates, I want the script to #teleport to update the mapper to where I am .Can i do this?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:59 pm   

Yep. Make two triggers and put them in the Automapper folder:

#trigger {In a misty swamp} {#nodir}
#trigger {Before the Castle gates} {#teleport vnum of this room}
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:55 am   

Thank you
Anders
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:05 pm   

I have a further question on this topic, on my mud there are an area where only the exits are random; every room is always connected to the same four rooms, each of the four rooms can be either of n, s, e and w. How do I make the mapper follow if I map out all the rooms?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:08 pm   

Make triggers for the room descriptions (I assume the room names are identical), and in each one put a teleport command to that room.
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:20 pm   

Most of the room names are different.
Dodgester
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:36 am   

In my case, I already planned on using the #TE command and setting up rooms (which may or may not have exits, but none of them linked), but in some cases like one that I'm dealing with, I am needed to base it on room name as that's the order it goes for getting through the maze. However, what I want to do is rather than making these triggers and commands global, make them at the zone level. What I have been doing of late, put into all of the entry zone rooms a code to enable the class, and then for all ways out of the zone (such as room scripts of those rooms just outside of the zone and also within the recall alias, and if a character can teleport/gate/portal/nexus or walk through a hand held portal, also within an alias for that), put in a code to disable the class. I am hoping there's an easier way of doing this zone script level of enabling and disabling much easier.

Sincerely,

Dodgester
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: