Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Shade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:21 pm   

#Pause mid #walk

I am currently having problems with some commands I am trying to introduce. Basically using the #walk functions (set to slow walk) I want to be able to walk through rooms that may have my own functions in them. For example I have a string list of all the things I want to collect - in each room I know these things to appear in I add a little function line: getCheck <object name>. In getCheck the string list is checked to see if this is something I want to collect and if so I grab it.

Now all this works well, but I am now trying to adapt it to include a #loop version. This situation is for objects where I could get several objects. i.e. picking berries from bush. so this new version is called getPickCheck and I pass the object name to the function in the map room script as before. However this function would often not be completed before my map has walked me to the next room. Its all seemed simple to add a #PAUSE into the function code, perform the loops and then add a #STEP command but for some reason the pause is being completely ignored.

Any ideas anyone ?

Other posts suggest that the mapper could be #OK-ing and so beating my loop to the punch, but the suggestion involved disabling the mapper - something that just isnt an option here. I have searched all my triggers for any stray #OK commands with no luck also.

Searching the posts I see no direct link between using #PAUSE with #WALK commands, only #SLOW - is there a difference that may be affecting me ?

Thanks in advance for any help :)
Anders
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:57 pm   

I'm sorry that I can't be of any help with this, but I have too noticed that #pause and #stop does neither pause nor stop the walk. I have even tried it on an entierly clean character without triggers, they does not seem to work as they should.
Iceclaw
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:37 am   

I've only ever managed to get #pause working with a #SLOW
Shade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:53 am   

I am not really sure what mode I walk in. Generally I click a room to walk there using the map. My mapper config is set to use SLOW walking but I am unsure if this end up the same as #SLOW walking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: