Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
nutsnbolts
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:45 pm   

Zchat Working then not working..??

Ok, I have installed the plugin for Zchat using the .api. It was working through Zmud a few minutes and then now I can't seem to get it to work. In other words, when I type #chatall hey. Nothing shows up on Zchat?

Anyone know what could have gone wrong?
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:40 am   

No one has any idea as to what is going on? Did something, somewhere get corrupted??
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:06 pm   

zChat has a bug in the way that it interacts with newer versions of zMUD (since 6.x i think. The version that introduced the new COM API). If you exit the current active MUD ouput window and reopen another (or even the same one), you will no longer be able to see the output from zChat. The only workaround for this that I know of is to completely restart zMUD.

zChat has not been updated in a very long time and Zugg has no plans to update it. I do believe, however, that CMUD will eventually include a brand new chat module. Don't quote me on that, because I can't seem to find where I read that Confused
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:05 pm   

Ok, someone assisted me with this. I had to install the zchat in the root directory of zmud. I didn't know that. That corrected the problem. Then again, it did work at some point. I don't know where all went amuck but after uninstalling zchat and installing it in the root directory it works. It's a bit buggy at times.

On the other hand, anyone know why the settings won't set. For instance, I like black background and white text, however, whenever I start zchat, it's white background black text, I have to keep changing it on a every new instance of zchat/zmud.
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:32 pm   

Ahh, yes I've tried installing zChat to a different directory before with poor results. Forgot about that possibility.

As far as zChat's settings not being saved, I'm not sure I can help you. At least not at this moment, since I do not have it installed here at work.

I'll see if I can remember to check on this thread when I get home. Neutral
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: