Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:10 pm   

READ help...

Okay, I've got a .txt file that contains information similar to this:
Code:
Straight (9) win0 loss1 tie0
Trips (3 9 5) win0 loss1 tie0
Flush (A 9 8 5 2) win1 loss0 tie0

I want to read a line of text and input parts of it into different variables. Basically, I would put everything up until the ")" in variable VarA. Then the number after "win" would go into VarB, the number after "loss" would go in VarC, and the number after "tie" would go in VarD.
Ie: VarA = "Trips (3 9 5)" , VarB = "0", VarC = "1", VarD = "0". (This would be the case on the second line up there.

I'm not sure if there's an easy way to do this. I've been messing around with the %read command and still can't quite figure out how to handle this. Would I be better off making the program that outputs this txt file to just write 4 lines for each set, and then read the variables in line by line? Or is there a way I can avoid doing that. I'm guessing %grep will be needed but I can't seem to get grep to do what I want it to :) Any suggestions of where I should be headed will be appreciated. Thanks.
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:11 pm   

%match(%read(5,1),"(*) %w(%d) %w(%d) %w(%d)",VarA,VarB,VarC,VarD)

Yay! Figured it out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: