Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Rutseg
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:50 pm   

ANSI code ESC[9m

Seems that there's something wrong with the ANSI code ESC[9m that is supposed to make strike text.
Even sure the mapping of the ANSI code is set to strike text on the configuration, it makes the text italic.
Is something wrong only for me or is an error?

Rutseg Martillo de Piedra
http://pusa.uv.es/rl/
telnet://pusa.uv.es:5001
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:27 pm   

Go into the Preferences and in the ANSI mapping page you can change the effect of the ESC[9m code to anything you want. This code is used by a lot of MUDs for italic text, which is why the zMUD default is as you see it.
Rutseg
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:31 am   

Yes, this is exactly what I'm refearing, when you go to ANSI mapping on preferences you select strikeout and text doesn't apear as it expected, it apears on italic.

After some tests I've arrived at some type of error.
When I create a new Character all goes well and ESC[9m makes strikeout as spected, then I go to Preferences>ANSI Mapping and on the selection for ESC[9m the combobox is on blank. Then I change it to strikeout, and after that the text is changed to italic, and seems to be no way to return to the strikeout behaivor.

You can test it at telnet://pusa.uv.es:23 log in as 'test' and type 'ayuda testear_ANSI' to make an ANSI test of the client. The text 'Tachado' must appear strikeout as it has an ANSI code ESC[9m.
As I've explained the first time it appears well, but when you change the mapping preference for the code, it seems to be no way to return to strikeout, even if you select 'strikeout' at the combobox.

Also ANSI code ESC[2m (dim color) seems to be not implemented by zMUD. It's not important I suppose as lot of MUDs only support 16 colors instead of 24 or 16 plus bold text.

Rutseg
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:51 pm   

Have been fixed this?
And what about ESC[2m (dim color)? I'm interested about this because my MUD is using it and zMUD users can not view this colors.

Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:53 pm   

Code:

C:\>telnet pusa.uv.es 23
Connecting To pusa.uv.es...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed

C:\>

It doesn't seem possible to connect to this mud.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:06 pm   

Ok, our redirection from port 23 it's broken since some days ago, so it's needed to connect to the real port 5001.
I regret about, we are working to solve it.

Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:42 pm   

I can't understand very much of what the mud is saying what with it being in Spanish but it could be a conflict with MXP. Try setting the mud option of your client to not be an MXP capable client and see if it is any different.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: