Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ErrorDetected

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:49 pm   

newbie trigger help with if

Okay, so I'm a complete newbie to zMUD scripting, I know the most basic commands, and I've been trying to wade through the help files and forums for something that might help. I won't feel bad if you point me to relevant help files or threads, but here's what I'm trying to do:

When I use an ability to see mana on a MUD, I want it to color the line if the mana is 50% or less than maximum, and send an alias to the MUD aswell if it is 50% or less. The only thing is, that I only want it to send the alias if the person I'm using the ability on is a target. (@tar)

For example..

@tar = Jack

Jill's mana stands at 100/200.

would color the line green but not send the alias "smp".

Jack's mana stands at 97/200.

would color the line green and send the alias smp.

So basically I'm only trying to figure out how to use percentages in if triggers, sorry if I made it overly complex, and I am considerably new to zMUD coding.

Thanks!
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:58 am   

Look up Pattern Matching in the helpfiles if you are stumped on how to create the trigger patterns, but to work with percentages you can use the %float() function:

#if ((%float(%1) / %2) < .5) {} {}

Normally, the mathematical operators use integer math, which means that any fractions are simply dropped off the result (1 / 3 = 0 or blank, instead of the expected .334). By using the %float() function, you force zmud to use floating-point math, which keeps the decimal.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:30 am   

#TR {^%w mana stands at &%n{tcmp}~/&%n{tmmp}.$} {#CW green;#IF (%eval(@tcmp*100/@tmmp)<50) {smp}}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: