Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
twhiting9275
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:55 pm   

Beta Period?

From what I've heard here, CMud looks like it'll be a worthwhile purchse. Of course, as a ZMud member from a few years back , I will end up having to pay for it (booooh), though I understand the reasoning for it.
Because the "discount" applies to previous owners only in the "beta" period (how long is this going to be?), it would probably be advisable to let individuals know what's going on here, how long the "beta period" will last, so we can get our discounts on ;).

If it's anything like ZMud, I'm all in, just waiting to see the screenshots, beta, and the "order now" link ;)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:50 pm   

As I mentioned in the main sticky links at the top of this forum, I already said that I'll be notifying everyone well in advance. Current zMUD users will get notified when they run zMUD as soon as the first CMUD beta is ready. And during the CMUD beta period, I'll keep people informed and will give everyone several weeks notice for the end of the beta period.

It's impossible to say how long the beta period will be. I have a lot of ambitious plans for the beta period. So it will probably be several months.
Fates

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:08 am   

Well I have to admit I am looking forward to your efforts on CMud, for those of us who's work takes them off the beaten track for long periods of time is there an option to purchase their upgrade now? I admit I'm a worst case but I can go months in almost Gillian's Island situations as far as net access.
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:12 pm   

You can buy CMud now by purchasing another copy of ZMud.
http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=22663
Quote:
However, I have put together some offers to make it cheaper for people to buy CMUD if they already have zMUD. Here are the offers that are being planned:

* Customers who have purchased zMUD since July 1st, 2005 can obtain a free license for CMUD during the CMUD beta period.
* Customers who have purchased zMUD since Sept 5th, 1999 (the date Zugg and Chiara got married...had to pick something!) can obtain a license for CMUD at half-price during the CMUD beta period.
* Customers who have purchased either zMapper or zApp will receive a free upgrade from CMUD to CMUD-Pro when CMUD-Pro is released.

So you can buy now and get CMUD free when it's out... I'm not sure if you'd be able to then claim back the 50% difference (assuming you'd originally purchased after Sept '99), maybe Zugg can clarify that?

edit: Think I might've missed what you meant - you meant you may be away from the net during the entire beta period? Perhaps you'd just have to appeal to Zugg's better nature ;)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:44 pm   

Sorry, but there is no way to get the 50% discount until the CMUD beta is released.
Dragonslayer_PL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:17 pm   

Is there any chance to become beta-tester?

What are requirements?
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:53 pm   

For the most part beta testing is open to everyone when Cmud Beta is released anyone who downloads/installs it is essentialy a beta tester :P

That means you play with it and if something doesnt work you make a detailed bug report!
Dragonslayer_PL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:58 pm   

For sure I will :)
So I'm looking forward to see beta.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: