Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mellowmarshall

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:56 pm   

Trouble Opening zMUD

I've already read about this in the FAQ, however I don't have the LicCtrl that was mentioned. zMUD will open once or a few times after a reboot, but then for no apparent reason it will no longer open.

Q: When I run zMUD, nothing happens. I just get the hourglass cursor, then nothing.

This should only happen on Windows 2000, Windows XP, and later versions of Windows. This means the eLicense service is disabled on your computer. Go to your Control Panels, then select Administrative Tools, then run the Services control panel. Once you have opened the Services Management Console, scroll down until you have found the LicCtrl service. Right-click on LicCtrl and select properties. Under Startup Type, select Automatic from the pulldown menu. You will now need to click the Start button directly under the Service Status.

That's the article I read.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:58 am   

What version of zmud are you using? The Latest version of zmud doesnt use elicense.
Mumra
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:14 am   

I don't know if it is the same for him, but I am using 7.20b, and I find that the same thing happens to me. It seems as if the zMUD.exe process does not end. Even if the program was all closed down. So if I try to open it later, it just pops up, says converting database, then stops. If I go into task manager, and close out the process, then restart it, it will work fine.
ChrisD
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:04 am   

Mumra wrote:
I don't know if it is the same for him, but I am using 7.20b, and I find that the same thing happens to me. It seems as if the zMUD.exe process does not end. Even if the program was all closed down. So if I try to open it later, it just pops up, says converting database, then stops. If I go into task manager, and close out the process, then restart it, it will work fine.

I've noticed this from time to time as well. I start zmud and nothing happens, I open the task manager and find two zmud.exe processes running. If I kill them both and restart zmud, it works fine.

I'm using 7.21.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: