Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

allingar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:03 am   

A room type i would like

So i have mapped out my zone, using zmud and transfered it over to zmapper. From here what I would like to be able to do is draw the zone in an external program, and then import it in as a background then have the rooms overlayed onto the background.

This is my problem, you can turn off the background of the rooms so that they are transparent, which would allow me to see the graphics i created for my rooms, however my problem is that i want to keep a border around the rooms so i can still see where mapped rooms start and end for navigational purposes. But it appears that you cant turn off the background color of each room and leave a border color on. This is frustrating.

Let me know if I have just simply missed this feature or how to do this, or if it something that could be implimented in the future.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:25 pm   

Hmm, it seems like the room background color and border colors can be different. I think what you need to do is define your own room shape, and then just create a shape with a simple rectangle that covers the dotted area shown in the shape editor. Then set the color of the rectangle and leave it unfilled.

In know when I did the Sunless Citadel map I made the room outline a thick black line, and made the room fill color a light-gray or white and that worked fine.
allingar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:54 pm   

I had thought of that, but if i do it with the shape editor wont i have to remake each room that i stick on my map as each room on my map will be a diffrent size? I dont really feel like drawing colored borders for 300 diffrent shapes and sizes of rectangles. I would like to be able to freely change the shape and size of them on the map screen and have the border automatically adjust. Will that work with the shape editor?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:43 am   

I don't think it'd be the shape editor, or at least not the main part of it where you actually do all the drawing. Probably just the preferences page or whatever where you get to mess with width/height and aspect ratios. This is detailed in the Hex Map faq, but I don't really use this much.
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:11 pm   

Zugg,
I have been playing around with zMapper and I can't figure out how to create a new room type with a like a black border around a white room.
I can get the room to change color but trying to get a border is not working.

Any help?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:27 pm   

No, you don't need to make a different shape for every size. That's the whole point of shapes...they are resizeable.

But as I explained above, you need to use the Shape Editor to create a new shape for a new room type and then assign this room type to your various rooms. Here is what I did:

1) Run zMapper and enter a new filename in the box to create a new test map
2) Click on the Pallette tab
3) Click the New button to create a new room type. Enter a name for the room type
4) Right-click on the new room type that was created and select Edit Shape
5) Use the rectangle tool to create a rectangle that covers the dotted square
6) Use the color selection buttons on the toolbar to set the line color to red and the fill color to white.
7) Click on the gray square in the toolbar that looks like a default room to turn off the default room drawing for this room type
8) Click the green checkmark button on the toolbar to save your changes.

Now you have a new room type that is a red square with white fill color. Select the add room tool on the left-most toolbar and click on the map to add a room of this type. You can resize this room just like any other.
darmir
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:55 pm   

Thanks Zugg
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: