Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

OutCider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:25 pm   

Link Help

I'm having trouble linking my rooms. When I drag the link exit, it automatically positions itself on the centre of the destination wall. How can I get rid of this? I don't want all rooms to have doors exactly in the middle of the wall, and frankly it's a stupid function. I know this is a simple question, but I didn't find any solutuion to my problem on the forums.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:41 pm   

I believe the situation is to resize the room shape. I've never played with it (View menu, then Resize Shape), so possibly I'm barking up the wrong tree or it won't quite do what you need it to.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:05 pm   

If dragging the end of the link doesn't work, you can also manually edit the Delta-X and Delta-Y values for the link in the Properties editor for the link. I know there is a way to make it work because the Sunless Citadel test map uses offset links all over the place. But it's been so long since I worked on it I don't remember exactly how to properly drag a link with the mouse. I'd have to look at the source code.
OutCider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:21 pm   

Well, after tweaking a bit on the preferences, I found that I could offset the exit manually to get it in position. I just selected the link and set the offset to match the wall on both rooms. Can be done from both rooms to place it just so. It's a bit more work than dragging to the right place, but it works.

If anyone finds out how to drag it and get it the right place, please post reply. Thanks for the tips so far.

Also, could someone tell me how to make rooms that are not square? I tried to merge rooms but it it didn't seem to work. Is this a bug?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:05 pm   

Quote:

Also, could someone tell me how to make rooms that are not square?

I believe there's a menu item either on the main menu bar or within the shape editor that brings up a properties window regarding aspect ratios, offsets, and shape dimensions. I believe the HexMap tutorial explains what you need to do.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:06 pm   

Thanks. I'll try looking into it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: