Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Naramzu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:54 am   

Noobish question concerning automapping Aetolia

Hello. I started playing Aetolia a few days ago. This is my first mud EVER. I downloaded zMUD, mainly because of the automapping function, but it's totally messed up for me. (I used auto-configuring and didn' t change anything else) I know there have been posts concerning this, but I don't understand the whole terminology yet. Like i said, I never played a mud befor. Plus, my english is quite mediocre.
So, I'd be extremly thankful if some one could tell me how to configure the automapping, in a step-by-step way, and easy english...please? Sad
Zeta Thompson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:13 pm   

Good luck I would also like to read that and I am not that new to mudding. But the automapper and I seem to dislike each other intensely. I spend a lot of time manually fixing things. One thing to remember, contrary to what the automapper seems to think, all rooms are not the same size. So sometimes your map gets crammed up in spots, that is where you may want to read up on starting a neew zone or linked map to the main one like if you walk into a castle from a large zone.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:42 pm   

Aetolia is yet another Iron Realms mud. Search for mapping and Achaea and you may find some useful results. I am actually sort of playing on Achaea and after a month I still have to get mapping perfected. I have decided that configuring the colors away from there defauts is required on Achaea since date messages are the same color as the room name. In any case ANSI triggers are required to properly map all Iron Realms muds, and most will require the use of #TAG or a second window, containing properly formatted room information, as I now do. The second window route requires a much more complex script base, but allows total certainty when triggering on stuff in the room. I am not releasing the second window method yet as it is is still in testing.
Chris_3413
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:06 am   

interesting, ive managed to map the majority of imperian without using ansi triggers and only a few occasional hiccups..

you could just play with the settings manually till you find somthing that works if you cant find the answers on these forums.
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:17 pm   

I wrote a lot of complex code and tweaked the configuration to get mapping working on Achaea and Lusternia. Creating the maps is trickier than speedwalking in a map that's already been created. The difficulty of the problem and the amount of time I spent on solving it are the reasons I sell my scripts for mapper configuration and maps for credits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: