Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:08 pm   

New AC Explorer for Throne of Destiny!

I have uploaded a new version of AC Explorer Pro that I hope will work better with AC Throne of Destiny.

This new version no longer uses the eLicense copy protection system. Thus, when you run it the first time, you will see a Trial screen. If you are an existing registered user of AC Explorer Pro, click the Upgrade button to automatically upgrade your license to the new copy protection system.

Unlike the former eLicense copy protection, the new software doesn't have the 90-day expiration, and never "phones home" to verify your license key. However, your license key can only be used to register AC Explorer within 7 days of purchase or upgrade. After that 7-day period, if you need a new reg code, you will need to log into our new Zuggsoft Store (the isn't ready yet, but should be up within the next day or so) and log into the store and click the Retrieve License button to get a new key that is valid for another 7 days.

Also, the new software doesn't install any control panels or system services, and works with WinXP-64.

As far as the changes for Throne of Destiny, I have included the new map with the new islands. I have also updated the INI file to work properly with AC Spedia, and have updated the Places data file.

Most importantly, there is a new version of ACXServ.EXE (which should also work with the previous AC Explorer Pro 3.33) that hopefully will detect the new client. It checks for a client name of ACclient.exe, and adds an INI file setting called "Client Name" that you can set to change the exe filename of the client. There is also an INI file setting called "Client Title" uses to set the window title of the client when searching memory. The format of these new INI variables is like this:

Code:
[memory]
Client Name = acclient.exe
Client Title = Asheron's Call

These are also the default values used if these lines are not found in your INI file.

Hopefully this will make it possible to do tracking in AC Explorer with ToD. Let me know how it works.

This is currently a TEST build for people reading these forums. The official files in the Download area will be updated later this week. Until then, download the new version HERE

PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP of your current AC Explorer directory in case this new version doesn't work!
RoogonII

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:36 am   

So far so good Smile ... Things look good till I attempted to use the ACXServ.EXE. Mad As you said above, both the older AC Explorer 3.33a and the newer 3.40 can listen to the new ACXServ.EXE 1.30. The problem I ran into was attempting to Calibrate it.

It seems that the copy/paste buffer was not the same buffer that ACXServ.EXE used. I could "paste" to other applications the info I "copy" out of the AC client (the @LOC info) .. but the ACXServ.EXE could not seem to see it. Rolling Eyes The Automatic seem not to want to talk to the client .. but I could manually Alt-Tab and see it use the chat to collect @LOC info .. to no aval. It failed. Final note is that on the Status line for the ACXServ.EXE, it says "Waiting for the game connection".

As noted above, I need to renew my license key .. and may need to just buy a new key .. being it's been since March 20, 2001 Shocked when I last got it (I have moved and changed my email since.... Confused )

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:08 pm   

I tried the new software as well, with similar results.

The automatic calibration actually succeeded in sending the @filter, @loc...@unfilter commands to the chat window of my client, but was unable to extract any location info. Manual calibration attempts had the same result (it did not interpret the output of the @loc command as having any valid location data).

I also had the "Waiting for game connection" status.

To Zugg: As a registered user of Pro, I want to add my thanks for this latest effort to extend support to a product you're no longer actively developing.
RoogonII

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:22 pm   

I need to add in my Thanks Very Happy too .. to the enjoyment I have had with this product over the last 4 years. I enjoyed it to the point that I am planning on buying a new key if I am unable to update on the old .. because all my info is out of date. Cool That's how much I appreciate the product.

Thanks Zugg Exclamation Very Happy Exclamation

BTW .. If I can be of any help with testing, feel free to contact me (PM or email). I see we share the same city here. I also have 25+ years in Windows base computers with my own data center here at home. And have a number of combinations to work with and multiple accounts on AC.
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:11 pm   

The automatic calibration is *not* going to work. Turbine changed the entire format of the line that is displayed by the /loc command. I haven't changed this at all.

So, you are never going to be able to use Auto Calibration, or even Manual calibration in ACX Server. All you can do is select Override Calibration and manually enter the memory location addresses. There is no way for me to determine these addresses myself because I don't have ToD, so you are going to have to rely on other users to help.

I believe Davridge or someone else has already posted some memory locations to try.

The only change in the new ACX Server is to find the new client name in memory (ACClient.exe instead of client.exe). That's the only change I can make right now I'm afraid.
RoogonII

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:51 pm   

AH! .. ok .. Now that makes more sense. Smile

OK .. the memory location that Davridge noted was for another map program. I'll give that a try.

But the good news is that now ACClient will see the new client! We can work out the numbers from there. Cool

Thanks Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:57 pm   License key

It doesn't want to let me enter my #..and there is to update key to let it do it itself..Where do I need to Look?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:06 pm   

Follow the instructions given in the Installer for the new version. If you were running the old eLicense version successfully then you should have an Upgrade button on the Trial screen of the new version. Be sure to install the new version into the same directory as your old version as instructed in the Installer instructions. If you still have trouble with the upgrade, then you need to email us your registration info at support@zuggsoft.com.
Dutton

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:17 pm   

Big Luv for Zugg.

Thanks for your support Zugg, even though you don't play anymore, big thanks from me!!!
Paraduck

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:07 pm   

Zugg, check out Nocuous' site:

http://www.majhi.com/acformats.htm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:02 am   

kgober created a utility to convert the new client_cell_1.dat to the old cell.dat format.

http://vnboards.ign.com/AC_Utilities/b5432/92040799
QuickWeasel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:05 pm   

I was using ACExplorer for a very long time. now i want to upgrade to the new version. I installed 3.40 into the directory of version 3.33 but i have NO UPGRADE option when i start ACExplorer! Tried it on 2 different computers, no luck.

Anyone has an idea what i should do to make the new version fully working (registered)?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:09 pm   

See the topic in the zMUD forum on upgrading zMUD...the instructions are mostly the same for AC Explorer.

You need the ELICEN40.DLL file in your AC Explorer directory. Then you can try running REG-ACX.EXE and clicking the License button and enter your old eLicense reg code. Then it should upgrade it and copy the new code to the clipboard. Then you run the new version and click the Enter License button and the license from the clipboard should be automatically copied into the new reg form.

If that doesn't work, then go to the Support/Lost Reg Code menu at the top of this page and follow the instructions given there.
QuickWeasel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:58 pm   

Thanks Zugg for the tip with the ELICEN40.DLL.
This file was just missing and i found out that i had an older version of your installer (downloaded on 13 Sep. , 4.891.890 Bytes).
Reinstalled with the new one (4.949.862 Bytes) and the upgrade option magically appeared.
byteful
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:18 pm   U Da Man!!!

I really do NOT care at all for the "Pushy" posters that you get....

Without you, there wouldn't be an ACxPlorer AT ALL!!!

But as usual I have to ask the $1mil question LOL Ok here goes....

When I attempted to update the data files the message came up and said that the acspedia site for the files could not be found. Now is this just an address issue or is it an item for a more updated version, for the future??

Thanks again...Your Efforts are greatly appreciated!!! Very Happy I remember that there was a time that you were NOT going to do any more updates, so that being said.... THANK YOU!!!!
THANKS FOR YOUR VALUABLE TIME GETTING US THE NEW VERSION! Cool
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: