Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:58 pm   

New Zugg Software Store is online

IMPORTANT: READ THIS FIRST!!!!

Do NOT post any problems in this thread related to your specific license key or registration code. If you are having trouble upgrading your old eLicense reg code to the new license key system, you need to email your registration information to support@zuggsoft.com.

To retrieve your new license key from the new store, go to the Zugg Software Store and use the Recover Password link on the left to enter the email address you used to purchase the software and get your login information emailed to you. Once you have your login information, log into the store and select Order History to view your orders. Click on the order for the product you want to see the details and then click the Retrieve License Key button to have a new license key emailed to you.

You can also upgrade to the new license key system by downloading the new version of the software, then run it. If it detects an existing eLicense reg code, an Upgrade button will appear on the Trial screen. Click this upgrade button and follow the instructions to register the new software with a new license key.

This thread should ONLY be used to post problems and bugs in the new Zugg Software Store system. Thanks for your cooperation.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:22 pm   

The store website looks really nice. Something I noticed which surprised me is that I seem to have been a registered user for 5 years now, and I am pretty sure I have been a forum addict during this time too Mr. Green.

Anyway now to the detailed comments. I had some troubles to login at first as I clicked not on the text on the login button but on the button graphics itself. You might want to make both the graphics, and the text links. Except of the debug console I didn't see anything that annoyed me too much. That it shows your address/city etc might be a bit annoying, especially if someone hacks the database, but I haven't made up my mind if that really annoys me yet or not(the hacking would definitely annoy me though if that happened :P).
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:36 pm   

Opps, thanks for reporting the debug console...forgot to turn that off Wink

It stores your full address info so that when you purchase from the store again in the future, it can fill in the address automatically and skip that step. The Privacy statement mentions that this information is stored on our server.

If someone hacks the database, there would be more annoyances that you can imagine. Credit card info is *not* stored in the database, and the new license keys expire so they don't matter. But someone hacking the database could do something nasty like deleting the entire order history, which would be bad. We've protected the database as best as I can think of, and our server is pretty closed down from a security point of view. Nobody has hacked it since we moved to linux, so I feel pretty good about it.

As far as stuff like PHP or shopping cart vunerabilities, I have customized the cart enough that I don't think any standard hack will effect it. But of course I can't promise that it's perfect. But I've spent the last month testing this and haven't found any holes yet.

Thanks for mentioning the button issue. Since the button text highlights when you mouse-over it, most people only click when the text is highlighted. I'll consider making the entire graphic a link.
Carabas
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:43 pm   

Hmm. The purchase link in the top navigation bar still points to eLicense.
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:44 pm   

You probably need to refresh your web page. Your browser has the old one cached.

Rorso, I've fixed the buttons so that you can click anywhere.
Carabas
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:51 pm   

Weird. I did try refreshing before. Pretty sure I did. Anyway it points to the new store now Embarassed
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:49 pm   

You might want to remove the link underlining on mouseover from these buttons and text (at least the buttons) when logged out (havn't checked while logged in. log in pane on left side), And mousing over the textbox underlines both the address and pass text.

E-mail Address
Password
Register(button)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:20 pm   

Can you show me a screen shot of what you are talking about? Also, what browser are you using? I don't get any underlines on either IE or Firefox here. The CSS has the a.hover set to text-decoration:none, so nothing should be getting underlined if the CSS is working properly.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:33 pm   

Nevermind, I see it now in Firefox. This is odd...wasn't doing this yesterday. I'll check it.
bortaS
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:14 am   

I haven't been able to log into the store. I keep getting "404- The requested URL /include/login.php was not found on this server." I'm using the credential I got in the email for "Recover password." Did something break?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:25 am   

OK, I think I have the underline problem fixed. You didn't mention that it was only the buttons and text in the login area that had the problem, so I thought it was something more general.

Please when reporting problems, be as *specific* as you possibly can with exactly where the problem is occuring. The store is a *very* complex set of PHP scripts and Smarty templates and tracking stuff down is difficult without guidance (and without re-enabling the debug window)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:26 am   

bortaS, refresh your browser page, or close your browser completely and reopen it in case something bad is cached. If you still have trouble, tell me *exactly* how you are trying to log in.

Also, please everyone ALWAYS tell me which browser you are using...it's VERY IMPORTANT!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:29 am   

bortaS, nevermind, I fixed the problem. I had been making a change to the login page to fix the underline and it broke the submit button. It's fixed now.

Man, this stuff can sure be a pain to work on when it's live.

But that will teach me to rearrange FORM and INPUT tags just to pass the HTML Validator. I ended up moving the FORM tag to the wrong location :(

I hope there aren't any other problems like that, but please let me know.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:50 am   

I apologize for the messing around I was doing with the store tonight. I was trying to find a CSS solution to the table layout, but failed to find something that worked in all browsers. Back to TABLES for me!

Anyway, it's back to working again.
Vorax
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:08 am   

Everything looks fine to me except that the order history says I paid $29.95 for zMUD, which is the current price, and I know I paid a smaller amount. I think it was about $19.95 when I bought it.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:20 am   

Yeah, that was a side effect of the old orders import. Our old database didn't keep track of how much you actually paid, so the new store just assigns the current cost to the order. It's also the reason your address information is stuck all in one field. The old database didn't have separate fields for stuff like city and state, so the import procedure just copied the entire address into the Street Address field. But these are pretty minor issues.

Just think of the new price listed as an investment...you original paid $20 and now your investment is worth $29.95! Wink
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:12 am   

I found this one in my current email address's account.

Order details
Order #88415
Date: Jun 15, 2005 12:00:00 AM

Products info
zMUD

Price $29.95
Quantity 0 item(s)

Might just be that the field length is only set to display 1 digit, or the import did the wrong thing.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:49 pm   

Yep, that's another problem left over from the old eLicense system. For some orders it didn't transfer the quantity correctly. It won't have any effect on the new store or the ability to retrieve licenses.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:31 pm   

I was super tired when I posted it and I did forget to post browser info but if you reread it you will see that I mentiond where and even what :P

Reread my post Zugg :P

Quote:

Quote:
E-mail Address
Password
Register(button)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:33 pm   

Oops, sorry about that. I guess I was too stressed to read it carefully too ;)

Anyway, it should be working now...is it?
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:49 pm   

Yup works perfectly
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: