Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:33 pm   

Didn't realize zMapper was this bad!

Today I was recompiling zMapper for the first time in a long time to replace the eLicense copy protection with the new stuff.

This must actually be the first time I've recompiled zMapper on Windows XP! I ran into some *horrible* problems with WinXP. I'm not sure which service pack caused the problems, but it turns out that zMapper was generating incorrect size information in the Windows Metafile for shapes that contained polygons (lines, etc). This was causing many shapes to not display on Windows XP.

Seems that in the past the error in internal size data was ignored by Windows and drawn anyway, but one of the service pack changes (probably SP2) fixed this and decided to ignore the entire metafile if the size data was wrong.

I am going through zMapper trying to fix this. I also fixed a bug when editing shape images in the mapper palette where the shape wasn't getting saved properly, causing a new shape to be created instead.

I can't promise to fix *all* of the bugs in zMapper, but I'll try to at least make this updated version useful.

I'm kind-of surprised that nobody reported the problem trying to load existing sample maps on a WinXP-SP2 system and not seeing any of the room shapes. Or maybe someone did report it and I missed it. Or, maybe nobody with SP2 is using zMapper.
Xymog
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:49 pm   

Daffyd may have found this bug just the other day.

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=21995
geoffr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:36 pm   

I thought that that was the error that was being reported with the exception errors.. because it was when I was attempting to load a database with graphics that I got the error!

Sorry, if I'd realised it wasn't the same thing I'd have shouted it out ages ago. :(

Hope you manage to get it sorted! :D
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:55 am   

I'd noticed issues with all of the template maps, but I figured something in a database engine update on my computer might have caused the error. All of my nice generic and nothing special maps loaded fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: