Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
bierschuettler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:59 pm   

Plugin Question

Hi all,

I'm trying to write a plugin for zMud 7.0x .. well actually it's almost finished and it's running smoothly, but there're some still questions open.

I wrote it in VB 6 because I didn't manage to compile a proper type library with C#.NET nor VB .NET .. it's easy to write COM stuff with it, but zMud doesn't like .dlls linked with .NET. Does anyone know more?

And how do I get right permissions to the beta forum and to the developer forums? I'd like to ask some more detailed questions.

Thanx and zMud rulez! :-)
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:16 pm   

Currently the beta forums are closed pending proper zmud development (though with the upcoming ZMudXP stuff chances are Zugg is going to reopen it soon). I've never seen/heard of the developers forums closing down, and currently they are (technically) active. There's never a lot of activity there.

To give you the rundown on permissions, there are two automated forms located somewhere on this site (I don't know exactly where, however). The ZMud Beta Forums application shows you a nag window with standard rules of conduct stuff and an OK button. Send that off by clicking the button and your user account is updated automatically. With the developers forums, the request goes into the inbox of Chiara and/or Zugg and they update you manually after about a day or three (not including delays from being sick, on vacation, emergencies of any kind, and so on). Of course, Zugg has the right and ability to change this as he sees fit so just because it was that way when I joined up doesn't necessarily mean it will be that way for you.
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:24 am   

Actually, the forms were used in the old forums. In these new forums (since about a year ago), you can join a group by just going to the Group option in the Site menu at the top of the page.

Also, if you just click the main "Forums" button at the top of the page, you'll get a full list of all of the forums, and in the description of the beta forum and Developer's forum it has instructions on how to join.

Matt is correct that the beta form is currently closed. And the Developer's forum is moderated, so after you submit your request to join, it might take a day or two to get activated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: