Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
remus
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:06 pm   

Displaying an #Alarm as a button?

I have a set of alarms that I would like to be able to keep a visual track of. When it was only one it was a simple matter of just using the timer. Now that I have 3 that all fire at varying times I was wondering if it is possible to display them within gauge buttons or even just simply as buttons as one displays variables?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:18 pm   

Yep, it's possible. All you need to do is create a button, two variables (one for current value and one for max value), and a *1 alarm for each alarm you want to display.

The button can be any type, though I recommend gauge-type. For gauges, you need to set the minimum/low value to 0, the max value equal to the max-value variable (use the variable name like so: @max), and set the colors as you want. You also need to set the Value field of the gauge to the current-value variable (ie, @current).

The *1 alarm is there to iterate through the countdown. Use #ADD @current -1, where @current is your current-value variable.

In your original alarm, you need to set the max-value variable to the alarm duration. You then need to set the current-value variable to the max-value variable.

If done correctly, you should see the countdown automatically.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:46 pm   

Would it not be better to use named alarms and %alarm(NamedAlarm) for the current value and set max value of the gauge to the miliseconds of the alarm, instead of creating an extra alarm that fires every second?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:50 am   

Doesn't appear to work right. Might just be me or 7.13a, but in order to get the gauge to update I have to click on it. Otherwise it does return the correct values.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:45 pm   

Worked it out. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: