Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
remus
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:11 pm   

Closing Settings File Freezes Zmud?

Greetings,
I recently updated to 7.13b and imported my settings file. It seemed to be fine but after a small time I needed to open the file. I fixed the broken trigger and clicked the X in the corner to close and it froze Zmud. I still had active control of all other facets of my system except Zmud. Sad

I thought this was perhaps a trigger/var/etc causing it to corrupt so I created a new file without any settings in it. This booted up fine but upon closing the settings file it duplicated the same problem? Sad

Any ideas?

I run WinXP on an Athlon 1200, 512 sdram, 80 gig drive

MORE INFO:
If I leave the settings window open but in the background it is fine.
I can edit Alias/Triggers etc then just click in the main window and all is good. It is only if I try to close settings.

EVEN MORE INFO:

I have narrowed it down to SAVE I believe. I tried to save the file using save under the FILE menu. I deduce that upon clicking close settings autosave? If this is indeed correct the problem is save.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:23 pm   

Autosave is a Preferences option, try turning it off to see if your problem disappears. If it doesn't, then it is indeed a problem with File|Save, Settings|Save Settings, and perhaps the Save button (from what I have gathered from similar problems in the past, these three methods are not connected to each other).

If it does disappear, either you have corrupted settings in your two previous settings files or possibly in some other datafile or the problem is not in the saving.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:21 am   

Ok it must be settings file corruption somewhere, did what you said and it prompted me to save no problem, clicked save and it froze. Hanks for the help, time to go though all my settings and find the problem.

Thanks Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: