Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:35 am   

Operating system restrictions?

Hey Zugg,

I went looking for information about which Windows versions zApp runs on, and the only indication I could find was hidden away at the bottom of the Key Features page, which claims "Your zApp programs work on any 32-bit version of Windows."

Have you checked? At least on my original Windows 95 (which I think has SP1 installed), it doesnt want to run. After finishing the install I got a message "No password 15" (or something similar), and when trying to double click any .zml file, I get the "Loading application screen" which gives me am Access violation at 0%, proceeds to count up to 100%, and then sits there doing nothing. (I should probably mention I'm using the free trial, not a licensed version, maybe it's an elicence problem?)

Granted not many people have/run Windows 95 these days, but I think it would be good if there was a more official "runs on"/"tested on" list. Best for you is probably to claim "Windows 95 not supported" or some such. Though if you want testers to track down the problem, I'd be happy to help.

Lady C.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:03 pm   

zApp will not run on Windows 95, and I don't plan to support Windows 95. zApp is meant for Windows 98 and later. Part of the problem is due to the compression system that is used to shrink zApp, which doesn't work with the EXE files in Windows 95 (due to bugs in Windows that were later fixed actually). And zApp itself won't run because the Windows Scripting Host that is used in zApp (from Microsoft) doesn't work properly in Windows 95. There are also several COM issues in Windows 95 that would cause trouble. All of these issues are Microsoft issues that are beyond my control. All of them were fixed in later versions of Windows.

But yes, I'll try to document this somewhere so it's more obvious.
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:30 pm   

I figured that was the case ;)

Lady C.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: