Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Alok

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:01 pm   

Gemstone IV Scripting Community.

Hey folks,

Currently, I'm stuck in the wilds of Africa, and find myself staring blankly either at my wall or at my laptop every evening after work. So I thought to myself...."hey, wouldn't it be cool to have some scripting work to do for Gemstone in my evenings?" So that's what I want to do.

The first goal would be to make a zMUD-based front end for GSIV, with the standard features of, say, the Wizard FE.

Then, the second goal would be to automap the whole world (before I left, I had pretty much done most of Wehnimer's Landing, and it still took me a week to get it right). This is a task and a half as it is, as it would include a great deal of non-cardinal directions/puzzle solving, TypeAhead issues, etc.

The third goal would be to start scripting within zMUD, with Wizard FE compatibility for our friends who will never switch to zMUD (which, in essence, means writing two different scripts). Some of my initial plans included travel scripts, but with a mapped world and some well-placed labels, that becomes a trivial task (not so in the Wizard, though, which would still have to be done). Also, I was thinking about things which are highly automated, namely guild work (Rogue, Warrior, and Illusions within the Sorcerer guild) and artisan skills (fletching, forging, cobbling...and they have tailoring now, I think?)

Once all this is finished, we can move to not-so-automated stuff, like hunting scripts, etc, etc.

The mapping part will be impossible until I return to the States and have regular access to the internet again, so I'm hoping someone else would be willing to pick up that slack. Meanwhile, the scripting I think, could be done on my side, if people are willing to provide me raw output from GSIV for these particular above-mentioned things. It would take a lot of raw output, such as failure messages, rep messages, success messages, and messages which differ by rank, etc, etc, etc. You all by virtue of being here should be familiar enough with what is needed.

If interested, please EMail me at alokpinto@yahoo.com

Please, I'm bored as hell. ;-)

~Alok
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: