Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Chael
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:44 pm   

Edit MapDB w/ cmd prompt?

I build on a mud that is several years old, over time the layout of the world has been lost, I wrote a script that would map out all the mud areas put the items and mobs in DBs with all thier stats. everything looked good to me. Untill, that is, I realised that my map had no one way exits. in truth I do not know how to set up a trigger to make a one way exit. If someone knows how to do that I would like to hear it, I dont travel the mud when I make the map instead I use the stat command. I would rather, I think, directly edit the mapDB. that way I could choose exactly where to place a room on x, y, and z. If someone could give me a pointer in the right direction I would realy appreciate it. I am running zMud 7.05 for the next 50 something days.
Chael
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:46 am   

You need zMapper to be able to do this. Over in the Finished scripts forum I posted a script that completely overrides the mappers detection routines with my own, makes the rooms with specific x,y,z coordinates and adjusts links to be one way. It was based on walking through the rooms, but you can pick apart the scripts to find everything you need to do a stat based mapping. I used stat when doing mine only to verify the map and detect doors or missed special links.
Chael
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:32 pm   thank you

Thanks Vijilante, you always seem to be the one who finaly answers when no one else can. Unfortunately I cant afford to buy any software this month. I will definately take a look at those scripts for future referance though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: