Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
zema
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:30 am   

yet another question

Heh i know i have asked alot of questions in the past few days, and i appreate the help. Ok i know there is alot of helpfiles, and i am not shure which ones i should read also alot of time the terms it uses i am unfamillar with, or just examples i dont understand. So i was wondering if there was any websites with step by step explanations, the only thing i KNOW i want to learn is how to start coding scrpts for things i wanna do like bots, and stuff. I know bots are frowned upon in alot of muds however i really just wanna do it to see how good i can make one, and learn zmud better at the same time. Thanks in advance :)
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:58 am   

The Getting Started section in the help is the best way to get what the terms we use for things mean. The examples in the help are usually specific to a given command or function. They are often very contrived and not really helpful for a beginner. So the best place to learn by example is to go through the forums starting way back whenever and read though posts. There are literally thousands of examples of nearly every kind of script with actual mud output and specific purpose all contained in neat little topics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: