Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2
Zugg Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:49 pm
Stored Procedures in zApp
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:12 pm   

I'm fairly sure the answer to "Is EXEC standard", is no. (What a surprise) - Oracle has an "EXECUTE" which just wraps a begin/end around your procedure call, you can also just call it by name like a normal function "myproc();". db2 uses "CALL myproc();" and doesnt support the "just call it" method. SQLite doesnt have any, neither does MySQL before v5, (afaik). I cant seem to figure out how PostGres does it from their docs, but probably not EXEC :)

So good luck with that.. I havent actually looked yet, at why you would want to be able to call them directly.. I probably should.

Lady C.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:37 pm   

Well, I'm glad to hear that stored procedures are mostly working.

The ZeosLib has a zStoredProc component that seems to handle the various stored procedure syntax differences between the different databases. It handles input parameters, but I'm not sure what it does with output parameters. It looks like it's set up for stored procedures that return data sets. So that might explain what people are seeing.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: