Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:37 pm   

Off Topic Section

Can we get an off topic section? I was curious to see how many people who read Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy are going to see it this weekend and whether they think it will live up to the book or not.

Every now and then it would be nice to post something like that. Wink
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:13 am   

NO! Only I'm allow to post off-topic stuff in my Blog!

Just kidding Razz The fact that there isn't a designated section in the forums for off-topic posts has never stopped anyone in the past. Most people just add [OT] or something like that to the subject of the topic.

I honestly don't really want to add a whole forum for off-topic stuff. I understand the desire to post off-topic stuff in a forum where you have come to know people and hang out a lot, but a whole forum dedicated to it would make the site a bit less professional I think.

Regarding your post topic, I've definitely read the book(s), loved the BBC version, and am waiting to read some reviews before I decide whether it's worth my money to see it in the theaters. The trailers definitely look very interesting though.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:06 am   

Quote:
Douglas Adams, The Ultimate Hitchhiker Guide Introduction, 1986: At this point I went to America to write a film screenplay which was completely inconsistent with most of what has gone on so far, and since that film was then delayed in the making (a rumor currently has it that filming will start shortly before the Last Trump), I wrote a fourth and last book in the trilogy, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish. This was published in Britain and the USA in the fall of 1984 and it effectively contradicted everything to date, up to and including itself.

I guess the Last Trump either just happened or is still about to occur shortly. Even considering the way they will likely abbreviate portions of the story line in order to fit it into the 2 hour film standard I am sure it can not detract, alter, or contradict the guide much more then the Guide has already done. Remember that if at anytime anyone figures out how the universe actually works it immediately changes into something even more complex and convoluted. I would posit that the Guide operates on the same principle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: