Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
darmir
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:45 pm   

zApp Program uses

Zugg,
I have been looking at the zApp program and was trying to understand its uses. To develop an application from this and distribute it, does the user need to have zApp installed to run your distributed application built from zApp? If so, then what is the benefit?
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:59 pm   

darmir,

There is a free run-time engine you can distribute with your compiled (basically encrypted) zApp code. zApp code is compiled using the zApp Pro Edition. The end user will only need the zApp End User Edition if they wish to create plug-ins for it (which anyone can easily do.)

As a third party developer you will need both the End User Edition and the Pro Edition. Your end user will need neither, just the free run-time engine.

-Steven
darmir
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:18 pm   

That makes sense. I was thinking of creating a "Room Generator" program for MUD builders. The would have the option to say what type of rooms and stuff. It would be interesting to see what I can come up with playing with the trial version of the zApp Pro Edition.
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:17 pm   

I think that would be a good use for it. Although others can easily create plug-ins for your zApp you can easily, too. That is a neat feature which I intend to use in several of my zApps. Your plug-ins can be free or you can charge a fee for them. Cool
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: