Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Nezic
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:47 am   

problems logging into Bug Report section

When I try logging into the bug tracking system at http://www.emobius.com/mantis/main_page.php, I get an error saying that my account is disabled or my user/pass is wrong(though I enter it correctly). Also, when I tested creating a new account with my same user name (nezic), I get a list of header errors.

-Nezic
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:34 pm   

Make sure you have access to the Beta Forum. I believe I restricted the bug tracking system to only Beta Forum members.

Otherwise I'm not sure what else to suggest since I don't have any problem here.
Nezic
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:59 am   

Yeah, I do have access to the Beta forum.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:18 pm   

I'm not sure what else to suggest. I'm not having any trouble getting into the bug tracking system here. What browser are you using? Are you sure you have Cookies enabled? Have you tried logging out of the site and then logging in again?

You can't create a new account with the same user name. User names must be unique. I'll try to clean up the error messages associated with this.

Also, were you trying to create an account on the bug tracking system, or an account on the forums? The bug tracking system uses the forum accounts so you should try to create an account within the bug tracking system itself.
Nezic
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:14 pm   

I think perhaps my forum account has some kind of error within itself, as I remember I had some problems a while back that Chiara fixed for me. I hadn't tried logging into the bug system after that until just before I posted this thread, so I wonder if some error is left over. Perhaps the bug tracking page thinks that my account is inactive or disabled? I believe Chiara had to manually activate my account before.

As for the header errors, I didn't mean to imply that it was a related issue(should have used better language to seperate the issues). I noticed when I was trying to create a new account in the bug tracking system that entering the name of an already existing user(not just my own) makes the list of header errors appears.. it doesn't seem like a high priority problem though.

-Nezic
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:20 pm   

Give it another try. I fixed a problem with cookies on the forums that might have been messing with this.

But I'm curious...is it possible that you changed your password or something on the main forum? It's possible that the two databases are not in synch somehow if you have made changes.
Nezic
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:26 pm   

Just tried and it still won't let me in. It is definately possible that I changed my password, though I can't quite remember for sure. Is it possible to reset or change the password for my account for the bug report section?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:33 pm   

OK, I just manually set your password on the bug tracking system to be the same as your forum record. It looks like the bug tracker is still set up to use a separate database, which is synchonized with the forums when you first make your bug tracker account, but can then get out of synch of you change your main forum password. Let me know if this fixes it.
Nezic
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:58 pm   

It works great now. Cool

I really appriciate your help--I feel a little guilty about taking up so much of your time to fix it..

-Nezic
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:28 am   

I have modified the bug tracking system so that if it fails the login check it will check the password against the user table in PHPBB and if that suceeds, then it will update the password in the bug tracking system to be the same as the phpbb password. This should help keep the bug tracking system in synch with the phpbb user table.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: