Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Schadrach

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:48 pm   

zApp License Question

Other Zuggsoft products are licensed for 3 machines per license. Is a zApp license for 3 machines, or is it a single machine license?

I normally wouldn't even bother to ask, but it DOES already have different licensing terms than other Zuggsoft products (2 years of updates rather than lifetime, for example).
Schadrach

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:39 pm   

NM, the company I work for already ordered it, and that answered my question. Yes, it is a 3 machine license. It is also an unlimited duration license, which begs the question:

If I have techincal issues with the machine(s) it is installed on more than 3 times, how do I get it reinstalled/relicensed? Is there a way to remove a license from a machine that has crashed?
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:11 pm   

Generally speaking, yes. I've had this problem before with zmud. I sent chiara an email asking for help, and she asked elicense to delete one of the 3. I believe that we can also contact elicense directly and ask for this.
Schadrach

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:30 pm   

All right. Thank you.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:04 am   

Also, the eLicense system has improved greatly over the past couple of years. You should no longer "lose" a license even when your computer crashed or Windows is reinstalled. eLicense detects that you previously had a license on the same computer and re-issues it automatically.

By making the licenses "unlimited", you do not need any network connection once zApp is licensed and never have to worry about a license expiring or somehow stop working. This is very important for mission-critical applications like email and I'm testing that kind of license with zApp to see how it works.

And yes, as mentioned, we usually respond to polite requests for resetting licenses as long as there is no evidence of abuse.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: