Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
BobXFett
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:11 pm   

Default keypad movement macros not working (Auto NumLock)

Hi all,

I tried doing a search on the forums to see if anybody else has had this issue, but I couldn't locate anything.

As of right now, the "Auto NumLock" feature in my preferences menu doesn't seem to be working. It is enabled both in default.mud and the specific mud I am playing (StarWarsMud.mud), but when I open the MUD character, if NumLock is off, it does not turn on. And whether the NumLock is on or off on my keyboard, I no longer have movement macro functionality as I have always had. If NumLock is off, I get arrow key functionality, and if NumLock is on it simply types the numbers I press into the command line.

I presume this began last night when I had to go in and delete my default.mud file and re-create it (I will post at the end of this why I had to do that since it isn't directly related). I removed the default.mud and default_bak.mud and created a new one (ESC key from character menu, set it up, then saved), configuring it the way I always do for my personal preferences. That is the only thing that has changed since the macros were last working yesterday to my knowledge.

I've tried unchecking the Auto NumLock option, saving, exiting zMUD, then opening it and loading the character again, re-checking the option and saving, but it does not make a difference. The option is checked in both default.mud and StarWarsMud.mud, and honestly I don't know what's going on that is breaking it. I've also closed zMUD and rebooted my computer since it was on in standby mode all night, but that made no difference, either.

Any help would be much appreciated.

(As to why I had to delete my default.mud file, I had previously set up a button in default.mud so that button would load for all my future MUD characters. It was just a normal button with the caption "Reconnect" which would activate the #CONNECT command in zMUD. I had decided to modify it and add an image to it, and went into default.mud to edit the button. When I went into the buttons menu from the main toolbar, the button was not listed in any class, even though the button appeared and functioned in all my MUD characters. I tried-right-clicking on the button on the screen, which DID bring up the settings for it in the editor, but at the same time it created a duplicate of the button. If I tried deleting it it made no difference, and each time I would right-click it would create another duplicate, which I had no way of removing. If I tried re-loading default.mud it would ALSO add another button, so I think somehow the program is loading default.mud within itself and there is a loop going on with the reference to the settings, at least for that button issue. So I simply deleted default.mud, re-made it and configured it properly, and set up the #CONNECT button within StarWarsMud.mud file itself.)
remus
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:30 pm   

Does your class window have a systems class, it sounds like you dont have it
BobXFett
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:28 pm   

Looking in Classes, I do have "System," but no "Systems." Was yours a typo or should I have plural as well as singular?

Within the System class I have the following:

Automapper (disabled)
AutomapperAll
Directions
DirectionsDiag
Keypad
KeypadDiag
Pueblo

NONE of those class folders have any settings in them at all except for Pueblo, which has the trigger "^This world is Pueblo (*) enhanced" which runs the command "#PUEBLO."

Are there supposed to be settings in those classes? And if so, why would they have vanished in the StarWarsMud.mud character when all I've done is remove and remake the default.mud file?

[edit]
Upon checking my default.mud file, there is NO System class folder. The only folder listed at all is "SlowWalk."
I presume there should be more classes there. Any idea why they may be gone? And how can I rebuild them?
[/edit]
BobXFett
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:27 pm   

Just wanted to post and let anybody interested know that a reinstall of zMUD fixed this issue. Would be nice to know if there is a simpler way to rebuild the System class, however.

Thanks =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: