Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:59 am   

zApp v2.0 BETA released

The first BETA version of the zApp Development System has been released.
[More about zApp] [zApp Discussion Forum]
---
I have uploaded all 3 versions to the Downloads area. The Free Runtime version can execute any encrypted ZXL files. The End User Edition can execute either encrypted ZXL files, or the normal text ZML files. The PRO edition allows developers to create the encrypted ZXL files from the text ZML files.

The User edition and PRO editions are licensed separate and now cost $30 each. Each still has a 30-day trial, which has been reset. Customers with existing pre-order eMobius/Zeus licenses can use their existing registration codes to license both the User and PRO versions. The public versions of these products will cost more (to be determined).

The User edition comes with several text ZML demo applications. I'll be posting more information on them to the web site later tonight.

For now, if you have an existing eMobius pre-order reg code or want to play with the 30-day trial, go ahead and download the new files and give them a try. I plan to post a lot more information about zApp to the web site later tonight and tomorrow.

You will also see that there are some new forums for zApp. I'll be moving the eMobius specific posts out of this forum and into the dedicated eMobius forum over the next couple of days.

For now, go ahead and post bug reports to this forum until I get the bug tracking system set up for zApp.

If you want to BUY the new versions of zApp, please use the BUY NOW button that you get on the zApp trial screens. I'll have the Zugg Software web store updated with the new products in another day or so.

Have fun playing with zApp!

Last edited by Zugg on Wed May 25, 2005 3:34 am; edited 3 times in total
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:40 am   

Zoom zoom Zapp!
Nezic
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:43 am   

zApp is looking very slick! I almost wish I wasn't going out of town for Thanksgiving tomorrow morning so I'd have more time to play with it before school monday(but even zApp can't beat a good home-cooked thanksgiving dinner!)

Do you want us to post bugs or issues that we find in this forum or in the bug list page? (incidentally, my account seems to have an error and I can't log into the bug report pages, and it gives me header errors if I try to create a new bug account).
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:51 am   

Heh, I must be doin' something wrong because I can't get it to run hehe, it goes all hour-glass on me then doesn't do anything. Also the .zml files aren't associated? I downloaded the pro version and first tried installing it to c:\program files\zapp then the default c:\zapp but no difference hehe.
Nezic
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:55 am   

hmm it installed and associated with files ok for me. Did it ever ask you for your elicense code? I think it actually wanted me to enter it two different times (for the runtime and the pro parts of it?)

*Edit*
I also uninstalled Zeus before I installed zApp, perhaps that makes a difference.

Last edited by Nezic on Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:56 am   

No I haven't been asked for my elicense code, maybe its because I have Zmud open and elicence wasn't able to register the new dll or something, I'll try loggin' outta zmud and see if that helps.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:00 am   

Yeah it was Zmud holding things up. I had to enter my elicense code 2x too. The file associations appear to work now, tho they don't have icons just the 'unknown file' icon.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:13 am   

DBView could be tweaked into quite the useful utility I imagine :)

I do a lotta SQL stuff for work so having some raw SQL toolz is useful, I usually use MSDE query, but hey if Zeus can do it and make it look good ;)

Very nifty the mapview.zml too :)
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:16 am   

I get runtime errors on the zappro_crypt.zxl

activex component can't create object zAppPro.Core
Line 2 Column 5 Microsoft VBscript runtime error

and the form doesn't display properly
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:41 am   

As usual, please try to create separate posts for actual error messages or bug reports so that we can track them. Just use the forums for now until I have the bug tracking system set up for zApp.

Interesting about the zMUD conflict. I'll have to ask eLicense about that. Yes, the normal behavior is that it will ask you for your reg code twice: once for zApp User Edition, and once for zApp Pro.

Take a look at my reply to Nezic's other post about manually registering the ZAPPPRO.DLL file. I think somehow the elicense code is preventing it from getting registered as a DLL on your system.

This is the first time we have tried protecting a DLL file with the eLicense system, so it might have some quirks.

The file associations are done both by the installer and by zApp itself when you run it. These are just additions to the registry so I'm not sure why they didn't work when the installer did them. Check in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.zml and see if there are registry entries for that. You should have a HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.zml and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\zmlfile\DefaultIcon and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\zmlfile\shell\open\command entries.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:44 pm   

I have uploaded new versions of zApp that should fix all of these issues. I changed the way the installer creates the registry entries for the file extensions and I also added some stuff that should do a better job registering the zappPro DLL file.

It's probably hard to test this since now everyone already has everything properly registered, so I'll just have to keep an eye on new users and see if they still have trouble.

In any case, download the new versions. It also fixes the problem with not being able to load an encrypted ZXL file properly.

The version numbers have not changed...just the file dates.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: