Play RetroMUD
Talmark
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:11 pm   

Database Parse Error

I get this error a lot when I try to run a script that access the DB:

Parse error:
Control "" has no parent window.

After I receive this error, the DB freezes. To actually close it, I have to select a different DB from the list, close it, then close the DB.

Can anyone tell me what's causing this? It seems to actually make the DB drop some data in a few fields, changing the values to 0.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:36 pm   

Quote:
I get this error a lot when I try to run a script that access the DB:

Congrats You are our top winner in the vauge bug report of the day contest, How about posting the offending script? and where you think it might be freezing at? Amd what version of winblows and zmud are you using?
Talmark
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:14 am   

Hmm...it's a vague bug, you know. If I knew what was causing it, I could probably fix it. I don't know what that parse error means. I thought maybe someone did. I was very specific. I query the DB, the DB freezes, I get the parse error, I can't actually close the DB window until I fiddle around and close other individual DBs that are open or I get the same parse error over and over. If you don't want to help, just don't respond. No need to be angry about it.

This is the last script it happened with, although it often happens with scripts that access a DB record. It's just a simple query I assign to a macro-- Alt+n

#DBL Players
#QU ((&Description = @desc) & (&Sex = @sex) & (&Race = @race)) Desc
#DBR
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: