Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

musishun00
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:59 pm   

Problem viewing topics since last visited.

Whenever I go to the main page of the Zuggsoft site it tells me that there are posts since my last visit, but when I click said link, there's nothing. It shows all posts in the entire forum as being read. I know this isn't the case, but I'm not quite sure how to get around it. Is it a problem with the automatic login cookie?
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:44 pm   

I get the same problem, maybe the front page marks all posts as 'read' because you logged in...?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:54 pm   

I just changed the pointers in both the forum and the portal to point to FORUMS.ZUGGSOFT.COM. Hopefully this will fix the multiple login problem as well as the recent visit status problem since now it should be using the same cookies consistently across the site.

I'm actually not sure what causes the recent visit values to be updated...it would take some searching through the PHPBB code to determine that.

But I've seen the same problem as you have ever since we switched to the new server, so we'll see if this fixes it.
Zor
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:11 pm   

Still doesn't seem to be working? At least not for me. =)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:33 pm   

Seems to be working ok here for me, so you'll need to post the exact links that you are clicking on that are not working.
Zor
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:16 pm   

I go to http://www.zuggsoft.com/mx/index.php and click on the "View posts since last visit" link. I just noticed that my bookmark had the sid parameter at the end - I removed that in case it is related to the problem.
Vodoc
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:04 pm   

I go to the forum (http://forums.zuggsoft.com/mx/index.php?page=2) directly when I access the site and all new posts are marked as such and I click to read the first one in any category. After that though is all threads marked as read.
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:36 pm   

This problem seems to have crept back in during the last week and a half. I'm not sure why, but I'm experiencing this again, too.
Whatever is flagging messages as read seems to marking them after displaying the page Zor listed, but before any links are clicked.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:57 pm   

Zor, try using a bookmark of http://forums.zuggsoft.com/mx/index.php and see if that helps. And *definitely* don't save any bookmark with the session id appended to it. I still think this is a session/cookie problem and all of the cookies are created within the forums.zuggsoft.com domain, so mixing domain names might cause problems.

Just speculating at this point. Will probably need more data to pin this down.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:23 pm   

Yeah I'm getting the problem too, I went to the front page, clicked on forums, then opened up one of the forums which had new messages in them, and all messages were marked read.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:25 pm   

You need to tell me exactly what you clicked on. Did you click on the Forum button in the main dropdown menu bar, or did you select Forums from the Navigate box on the left of the main portal page?
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:08 am   

It was the one on the side, I'll post a step-by-step next time there's some new posts :)
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:29 am   

Ok, I went to my bookmark:
http://www.zuggsoft.com/mx/index.php?page=2

It showed that there were new posts available in the general forum.

I clicked the 'beta' forum.
I clicked the 'back' button.
I clicked the 'general' forum.

No new posts were highlighted.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:37 pm   

Even simpler:

start -> run -> www.zuggsoft.com
brings up http://www.zuggsoft.com/mx/index.php

click forum on the left navigation pane

clicked a forum with new posts (in this case the website forum)

no new posts were displayed

you don't even have to go into another forum to mark them as read, they're marked as read either by that page=2 or upon entering the forum
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:13 pm   

OK, I'm not sure when I'll be able to fix this. I still don't know how the forum code keeps track of your recent visit and how or when it resets this. I can see that the above behavior might make sense since as soon as you enter a forum it probably marks that as being visited. I'm not actually sure how else to do this. Maybe someone who knows more about the forum code, or how it used to work (Darker maybe?) can suggest how this is supposed to work and where I might start looking for this problem.
Vorax
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:53 am   

I'm having this same problem, but it just started over this weekend.
I first go here: http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/index.php?site=zmud
It shows the new post icons in some of the catagories, but when I click on one of the catagories, all of the posts are marked as read. Today, I tried just clicking the "View posts since last visit" link in the upper right corner of the first page and I get the results of "No topics or posts met your search criteria"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: